Senior Product Design Engineer
We are currently seeking a Senior Product Design Engineer in Aiken South Carolina. Key responsibilities include project team management, interfacing with remote (foreign) production facilities, developing and validating high quality and cost-effective electronic products, and understanding the electronics supply base and challenges.
- Execute the design and development of electronic products from initial concept to production.
- Must be able to self-support for CAD requirements.
- Experience with Inventor, OrCAD , PSPICE and other tools
- Experience with early manufacturing involvement to insure quality product can be built effectively
- Identify, investigate, and resolve design concerns/problems as early as possible in the development process.
- Investigate new technologies that can be applied to product design.
- Support Sales by providing technical information for accurately estimating costs associated with products.
- Create electronic diagrams and circuits using CAD software for product design output.
- Execute delivery of technical information to the Customer, other company depts., and within Design.
- Identify solutions to technical problems with the Customer and other company departments.
- Minimizing production-related problems by executing good design practices, conducting effective communication of technical and project-related information to a wide range of customer, supplier, and company personnel, and observing compliance to established ISO requirements for product development process.
- Ability to apply electromechanical principles to package product
- 4 yr degree, B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree/experience
- 5 yrs minimum experience of product design, launch to production and continued life cycle responsibility
- Demonstrated communication skills ; including working with teams where English not first language
- Demonstrated analysis and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility ; willing to work in every changing environment where contributions will make a difference
- Willing to travel: customer on-site location, out of town, overseas
- Experience in power supplies, control systems with interface to mobile devices is a plus.