We have a long term opportunity in Spartanburg, SC for a Design Engineer to join a leading industrial equipment engineering firm. The Mechanical Engineer must be capable of handling a project from start to completion, including design, modeling, details, BOMs, purchased component selection, manufacturing support, and documentation. This is a contract to hire opportunity.
- Prepare accurate working plans and detailed drawings from customer specifications and notes in order to develop products under direction of the engineering department
- Prepare final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimensions, materials, and relationship of parts to whole structure
- Utilize knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, materials, and other physical sciences to compose drawings
- Complete project management, including design, modeling, details, BOMs, component selection & sizing , manufacturing support, and documentation.
- 3+ years of Drafting experience
- Strong machine and system mechanical design experience (not product design)
- Proficiency with Solidworks
- Experience with large weldments and industrial equipment is a plus
- Experience in machined components and fabrication drafting
- Experience detailing shop drawings