Davis National Staffing is partnering with a large and well-established aerospace company in Southern California to hire a District Manager on a direct basis. This person will be a motivated individual with a business development background whom will lead a team of four other regional sales reps to maintain and grow their customer base in the aerospace field. If interested in this role, please apply with your Word formatted resume to this posting. To expedite the process, contact Rich Gardner directly at email@example.com with your resume.
The District Manager is responsible for driving sales revenue and product line growth required by the business plan. The position reports directly to the Regional Manager- West. The District Manager will have varying account responsibility based on number of direct reports within his region, sales, opportunity and customer base.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Responsible for direct sales and delivering the business plan revenue
- Manages a district within a region with a wide variety of industries.
- Responsible for own territory within the district depending on size of the district and direct reports
- Covers the full breadth of aerospace components and Power Transmission products & services including metallic parts, power transmission, and services across all front ends. (Services is predominantly bearing repair but requires channel coordination with the services business).
- Establishs and drives execution of effective growth strategies while managing channel issues between distributors, end users, and small OE's.
- Depending on District size and location will be responsible for the small & mid size company distributor management and managing the relationships with larger distributor's regional leadership teams. Represents Timken appropriately at senior levels of management across all customer types and sizes.
- Determines which channel to utilize to maximize sales with Small & Mid-Sized OE's
- Responsible for price approval and price strategy execution within the District.
- Manages the integration and subsequent complexities of acquisitions
- Leads a team comprised of territory sales managers.
Technical and Functional Skills :
- Demonstrated sales experience
- Intimate knowledge of product applications in large variety of markets and industries
- Background working with customers and developing long term customer relationships
- Ability to network across the company matrix
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated abilities to establish and nurture relationships with key companies
Bachelor’s degree in Business/Sales/Marketing or Engineering with 15 to 20 years of sales experience or equivalent years of sales/sales management experience and education