We are looking for a EHS Manager to join our client in Covington, GA as a direct employee. The EHS Manager is responsible for the management of environmental, health and safety programs at the plant. Leads the development, implementation and monitoring of environmental and safety programs, policies, and procedures. Ensures organizational compliance with all current safety and environmental regulations. Evaluates the organization's procedures, facilities and equipment to identify unsafe conditions or behaviors that need improvement.
Responsibilities of the EHS Manager:
- Maintain understanding and knowledge of current federal, state, and company regulations and policies. Inform organization of changes and administer actions to maintain compliance.
- Perform Job Hazard Analysis, system auditing, and ergonomic task analysis.
- Coordinate and conduct injury review process to determine and correct root cause.
- Lead and manage implementation of injury reduction efforts. Promote and drive “Zero Injury Culture”
- Track and report operational safety and environmental performance.
- Maintain reporting requirements for environmental calendar.
- Analyze new equipment and verify operator safety.
- Conduct safety and environmental training programs for all levels of plant operations.
- Assist in the leadership and drive for plant safety committees.
- Function as emergency coordinator and develop/drive emergency response.
- Lead operation to best practice and best in class for safety and environmental efforts.
- Assist organization by participating in special task force assignments and special projects.
- Support the environmental functions of the business as warranted/assigned.
Requirements of the EHS Manager:
- B.S Science or other related degree
- Progressive safety/environmental experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Experience with ISO 14001:2015 and 45001 preferred
- General Security, Risk Management, and Environmental experience desired.
- Demonstrated ability to implement safety policies and practices.