Develops and applies advanced electronic engineering theories, methods and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced technical problems.
Essential function of the job (responsibilities):
- Directs projects or major phases of design projects and coordinates the efforts of technical support staff
- Analyzes, evaluates and plans methods of approach and organizes means to achieve the solution of complex technical problems
- Establishes and defines the theoretical basis and principles which should apply and the estimated time, expense and manpower for completion
- Conducts investigations or tests of considerable complexity pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials or processes
- Recommends corrections, in technical analysis and design to ensure project completion
- Perform design and testing systems including PC based computer interfaces, motion control sizing of components and integration of them into standard systems
- Selection of components
- Light sub-assembly duties for prototype development
- Completion of Engineering Documentation thru a controlled PCO or ECO release process
- Provide information and technical support from Engineering to other departments
- Specifies equipment, materials and supplies required for completion and implementation of technical projects
- Design of simple to complex PCB’s with mixed analog and digital design.
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering / Technology,
- Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering,
- Experience in the implementation and management of large-scale projects that include mechanical, electrical, software and technical documentation development, industrial equipment design is a plus
- Strong mathematical skills, Physics skills and optical design is a plus
- Strong PCB and circuit design for analog and digital circuits
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities should include initiative, communications, team leadership, training and coaching skills
- Working knowledge of industrial electronics, motion control devices, PC based control systems, power supplies, motor drives, amplifiers, mechanical assemblies, software development, manufacturing practices and technical documentation is required
- Ability to design and layout power distribution panels
- Working knowledge of electronic assembly process is a plus
- Computer skills must include detailed knowledge of PC operation and PC construction, familiarity with USB and PCI bus is a plus.
- Knowledge of CAD packages is required, SolidWorks, Pulsonix, Mentor Graphics, Orcad
- Working knowledge of MRP system such as: QAD MFG Pro
- Ability use and operate test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, logic, Dynamic Signal, and spectrum analyzers, as well as other various pieces of test equipment.
- Ability to measure, test and tune motion control systems for optimal mechanical behavior
- Ability to create electrical and pneumatic schematics
- Experience with system regulatory/compliance requirements and safety and immunity implementations is a plus
- Experience with motion control systems – Galil is preferred
- Component engineering experience is a plus