We are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer with the ability to design, install, implement, troubleshoot and maintain advanced production machinery, including robotic-driven equipment with programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
- Designs, test, installs, and maintains large-scale electronic equipment or machinery for use in manufacturing.
- May use computer-assisted engineering design software and equipment to perform assignments.
- Applies principles and techniques of electrical engineering to accomplish goals.
- Confers with vendors, contractors, maintenance personnel, and other engineers concerning the design, implementation, and maintenance of electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems to ensure all are process capable.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning electrical equipment design to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine equipment specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates equipment according to specifications and quality standards.
- Researches and analyzes data such as equipment design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design for application.
- Designs systems including instruments, controls, robots, machines, and thermal, hydraulic, or heat transfer systems.
- Plans and directs maintenance personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and development of methods and procedures for testing equipment or systems.
- Directs and coordinates fabrication and installation activities to ensure equipment and systems conform to engineering design and specifications, as well as applicable codes and regulations.
- Coordinates maintenance, repair, and improvement activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment.
- Designs systems to interface machines, hardware, and software.
- Evaluates installations and recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- B. S. in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited four-year college or university; equivalent Military Electronics Training may be substituted
- 5-10 years of relevant engineering experience in an industrial process or manufacturing environment is strongly preferred
- Must be competent in programming and troubleshooting with emphasis on motion controllers, preferably Mitsubishi PLCs, motion controls, and servo systems
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot complex electrical systems to the component level
- Must be able to design or modify electrical controls and systems to improve the reliability and productivity of manufacturing machinery
- Must be able to manage projects from concept to implementation to completion
- Must interface well with vendors and contractors to obtain parts, equipment and services in a cost effective and timely manner