Exciting Electrical Engineer Opportunity! Want to be a part of a robotics company that builds drones!
Exciting opportunity with our client that develops drones located in the Greater Boston Area. We are creating the future of drones -- a fully-automated, industrial-grade drone scout. We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to assist in the development and productionizing of our ruggedized, autonomous drone system.
You will work as part of the company’s hardware engineering team to develop, test, and deploy mission-critical hardware for our autonomous drone systems. Responsibilities include:
- Develop, test, and deploy best-in-class robotics hardware
- Develop and deploy processes to ensure all electrical systems are built and tested for performance, reliability, and safety.
- Develop and deploy processes and methods for maximizing uptime of field-deployed hardware.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- At least 5 years industry experience working with power systems for industrial applications.
- Experience in designing and developing power distribution systems for robotics and electromechanical systems.
- Expertise in analog circuit design, switched-mode power supply design, power supply noise analysis, motor drivers, and related circuits.
- Expertise in the simulation, fabrication, and verification of hardware for industrial applications.
- Expertise in schematic design and PCB layout using modern EDA tools.
- Expertise in best practices and test methods for productionizing PCBs
- Experience with batteries and battery management systems
- Experience working with drones and robotics
- Experience with thermal design considerations
- Experience with embedded software and programming
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to guide critical decisions
- Experience working in a fast-moving team