We are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our client in Bloomington, MN on a direct hire basis. The Senior Electrical Engineer will perform electrical design, develop and maintain electrical systems and/or components used in Metrology/Inspection systems relating to the company’s existing product line and in support of new product development from inception through steady state production.
- Insuring overall electrical system integrity of multi-million dollar Semiconductor Metrology and Inspection Tools
- The use and/or defining of functional requirements/specifications - including but not limited to focus on costs, regulatory requirements, safety, reliability, quality, and sustainability.
- Creating design estimates to include budget, labor, material, and cost.
- Responsibility for applying applicable design principles and insuring the designs comply with SEMI, NFPA, CE, FCC, UL, and other applicable standards.
- Performing engineering work and applied research, development, and design for both sustaining and new products.
- Highly complex design, fabrication, modification, and verification of analog and digital circuits, including hands on de-bugging skills and PCB development.
- High-speed circuit design and PCB development.
- FPGA/CPLD Verilog programming and design.
- Analyzing system specifications and establishing specific electrical design requirements, test /validation methods, and conducts validation tests for the completed project or task.
- Preparation of technical drawings, content for user documentation, conducting presentations, and writing white papers/validation test reports for the design.
- Representing Rudolph as a customer contact when required to solve complex electrical matters.
- Providing subject matter expertise to support manufacturing issues or resolution of customer field escalations. May require occasional travel to provide support and includes hands on assembly, testing and troubleshooting.
- Investigating customer complaints, determining the nature and extent of issues, recommending remedial measures, and implementing design changes.
- Discipline specific project leadership, but does not include management or supervision of a permanent or established organizational unit.
- Working with Project Managers to insure work meets Customer, Business and Program requirements.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 5-7 years of prior experience related to analog /digital electrical system desi
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and/or a combination of experience and/or training
- Strong analog/digital circuit knowledge - ncluding PCB layout and simulation
- Solid understanding of EMI shielding and grounding techniques
- CPLD implementation/Verilog programming
- Altera and Xilinx FPGA implementation/programming
- Programming in Verilog, C, and C#
- Experience in using Altium Designer and/or Mentor Graphics, Quartus, Microsoft® VISIO. Familiarity with Windchill is a plus.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills verbally and written.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to define electrical system architecture.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to perform hands on assembly, testing or troubleshooting in the lab, manufacturing or clean room environment.
- Ability to interpret and take action on, a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule.