Davis Engineering is partnering with a growing SATCOM electronics technologies company in southern New Hampshire to hire an experienced and motivated Electrical/Electronics Engineer on a direct basis. If interested in this role, please apply with your Word formatted resume to this posting. To expedite the process, a Word formatted resume could be sent to Rich Gardner at email@example.com to be considered.
Our goal is to provide our customers with the most innovative, tactical systems, and services at a competitive price. The company manufactures land terminal tactical SATCOM Solutions used by the US military, foreign governments, and commercial military markets worldwide. Our team designs and manufactures highly portable GBS and 2-way Ku and Ka-band auto-acquisition terminals deployed to provide increased access to internet communications, intelligence, geospatial information, mapping, weather, and a variety of other large files required for successful team or mission support.
We are seeking a multi-talented and motivated Electrical Engineer who will be responsible for the design, development, and testing of compact and reliable electrical systems in satellite antenna positioning systems. This includes electrical sub-system design to full-system development and requires frequent hands-on work. The candidate will be working in a small group and must be flexible enough to help in all areas of the engineering team. Tasks will range from working on test documents to testing fully integrated satellite antennas in the field. A successful candidate must also demonstrate an ability to go above and beyond the position requirements when needed.
- BSEE or equivalent with 4 to 8+ years of work experience
- Excellent circuit analysis fundamentals
- Electronics debug and failure analysis experience
- Familiar with schematic capture tools such as OrCAD, Altium, or other similar tools
- Working knowledge of embedded sensing and electronics
- Experience with SPI, TTL, RS232, and RS422 communication system design and troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of RF system designs and components
- Working experience obtaining quotes for electrical components and creating BOM’s
- Familiarity with a wide variety of electrical components and devices
- Ability to use lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators
- Ability to solder SMT PCB components with satisfactory skill
- Demonstrated a high level of motivation and interest in electronics and/or robotics
- Satellite antenna ground systems design and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with software development in C++ and Java
- RF sub-system design and implementation
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Solidworks
- Experience working on Government projects
- Ability to travel if required