Electrical Design Engineer – Analog & Digital
Our client located in Horsham, PA is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join their Analog & Digital team on a direct hire basis.
This position pays $85-90k Salary depending on experience.
- Board level development of digital and analog circuits as well as updates of existing product designs
- Development of serial communications between product and external PC
- Testing of firmware within product and/or system
- Ability to work independently or as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Responsible for circuit design PCB layouts
- Test and troubleshoot PCBs using oscilloscopes, multimeters, spectrum analyzers and logic analyzers
- Create electrical control panel layout diagrams
- Design circuits at the schematic level
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Utilize development boards and/or breadboards to prove out circuit designs
- Work with mechanical engineers to develop mechanical aspects of products
- Oversee and inspect board layouts
- Test circuit boards to prove they function as expected, debug as required
- Assist in the development of production-level tests
- Support transition to production
- Perform failure analysis on problem areas
- Document results of testing and failure analysis
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Assist in creating cost estimates for related activities
- Construction of support documentation
- Design electrical control panels and generate electrical schematics/BOM’s (bill of materials) for custom heavy duty industrial machinery and test stands per the customer’s specifications using various types of design/drafting software.
- Responsible for managing assigned projects and prioritizing workload in order to meet required deadlines.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Have a flexible approach to work and willingness to travel when necessary
- Good working attitude, detail oriented, adaptability and willingness to learn
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/assignments.
- Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Bachelores of Science in a related electronics field with 5-8 years of experience or M.S. with 3-5 years of experience
- Related experience with electrical power generation, transmission, and distribution, atomic power generation, electrical and electronic components, equipment, and systems manufacturing, radio and television broadcasting, telephone, and telegraph
- Ability to write software and/or firmware
- Experience in low power design. Experience in micro-controller based designs
- Programming of DSP and Microprocessors. Programming of ARM microprocessors
- Experience C/C++ programmer including assemblers
- Experience in digital design circuitry. Experience in PID control loops and digital filters
- Experience in analog circuitry including ADC and DAC, etc.
- Familiarity with digital circuit concepts including flip flop and register operation, clocks in digital circuits, synchronous/ asynchronous circuits, combinational logic, and state machine design.
- Experience working with FPGAs or SOCs and basic knowledge of VHDL or Verilog.