We are currently seeking an Electronics Engineer for a full time, direct hire, opportunity in McBee, South Carolina. The Electronics Engineer will work in a team of Engineers responsible for the full cycle development of electronic controls for water heating equipment. The Electronics Engineer will support the development, testing, and implementation of assigned projects to ensure successful implementation within an appropriate time frame and cost.
Responsibilities of The Electronics Engineer
- Assist with full cycle electronic development, from concept to hardware implementation and revision/modification; including costing and project planning.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve basic circuit design issues and assist with more complex issues.
- Create product specifications and Statements of Work based on customer requirements.
- Design and develop electronic circuitry and hardware along with test and applications software for embedded controls to meet regulatory agency safety requirements.
- Sufficiently test all new board designs ensuring total performance and product success.
- Investigate problems and requirements of projects and develop plans for solutions.
- Analyze and recommend solutions to circuit and control issues and challenges.
- Document all procedures for installation and maintenance for full functionality.
- Troubleshoot, test, and adjust electronic systems, as needed.
- Assist with preparing BoM (bills of materials), test plans, instructions, and procedures.
- Research and select components, circuitry, and topologies for projects.
- Direct schematic captures and printed circuit board layout processes for electronic designs.
- Participate in FMEA, DFMEA, and design reviews.
- Provide support to production and service technicians as needed/able.
- Perform other activities as needed or as directed.
Requirements of the Electronics Engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field is required.
- 5+ years of experience designing entire Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) is required.(design to manufacture)
- C/C++ experience with writing code for Micro-controllers.
- Designing hardware and software for embedded electronic controls using C or C++
- Exposure to power electronics and/or power supply design is a plus
- Experience with designing and testing electronic controls for HVAC or appliance applications to regulating agency standards is a plus
- Experience with of PADS, ORCAD or Altium PCB design software is a plus.
- Experience with communications such as RS-485, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi.
- Familiarity with SCRUM/Agile project management methodology