We are currently seeking an experienced, motivated and resourceful candidate to join our client's growing team. This management position is a pivotal role in the success of the company by being responsible for the development and sustainment of essential products. In this role, you will not only manage engineering resources but also help invent new solutions, improve existing products, and advance internal processes.
- Lead a talented engineering team responsible for working with customer, inside sales, and operations to deliver high quality products in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and direct projects to accomplish goals as agreed upon by VP of Engineering.
- Increase engineering team efficiency by providing structure, milestone-based plans with clear definition of deliverables, engineering tools and guidelines.
- Perform process improvements and ongoing cost reduction activities
- Oversee the definition and resolution of critical technical and manufacturing issues and ensuring engineering support to the manufacturing team.
- Improved the performance and design of existing products.
- Lead the R&D of new products incorporating market requirements to create a cost-effective solution with potentially disruptive technology.
- Help sales team and end users in troubleshooting any technical issues related to existing products
- Train engineering team, sales and customers on new and existing products.
- Oversee the communication and efforts to meet international requirements such as CRN and marine industry codes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from accredited institution
- Experienced in design per ASME Code Section VIII, Div. 1 and TEMA standard for Shell and Tube heat exchangers
- Good technical knowledge: specifically heat transfer, fluid mechanics, finite element analysis
- Familiar with general fabrication processes such as CNC/manual machining and welding
- Proficient in Solidworks, Excel, Word
- Strong ability to manage time, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills