Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Our client located in Charlton, Ma is looking for an Engineering Manager to join their team on a direct hire basis.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Engineering Manager provides leadership and direction to the Product Line Engineering Team and technical resources. Oversees the development and implementation of manufacturing processes for the development of new products and to maintain and enhance product quality as well as cost efficiency of existing products. Ensures the engineering team works cohesively across key departments to achieve customer and corporate expectations.
- Confer with Management, Production, and Sales to discuss project and product specifications and procedures. Review high-level and detailed requirements specifications and provide estimates.
- Works with Manufacturing Manager and Paradigm Optics to prioritize engineering and technical resources ensuring activities are coordinated and aligned with development and production goals and timelines.
- Responsible for the management of engineering projects and the definition and documentation of processes for manufacturing. Accountable for driving and reporting on quality and status of projects.
- Monitors performance reports, reviews data and conducts analysis, taking appropriate action as needed.
- Hands-on management and development of new products as well as support and customization of existing products using a structured process. Provide oversight and approval of technical approaches and implementations. Review and initiate engineering change order requests as needed.
- Ensure that all manufacturing product specifications are developed and testing procedures are in place. Monitors engineering tests with the Engineering Team.
- Communicate with internal and external customers regarding application of products as well as root cause and countermeasure technical assistance of field quality and/or performance issues.
- Mentor junior engineers to achieve technical excellence, develop intuitive skills and stay engaged in continuing education. Hold team accountable for achieving goals.
- Coach real-time problem solving with employees to ensure root cause is identified and eliminated.
- Work closely with quality assurance, manufacturing and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products, equipment and tooling/fixtures.
- Applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, tooling, and materials analyze the current processes, procedures and systems in place and develop more optimum solutions where appropriate resulting in better efficiency, cost saving and better team member selections.
- Ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products according to product specifications. Assist in the assessment of vendor/subcontractor evaluation for consideration.
- Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of space equipment, material and labor. Responsible for the development of equipment to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Stay informed concerning new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies.
- Builds internal and external relationships through effective communication, exceptional problemsolving, ownership and follow through.
- Ensures full adherence with all established safety rules and regulations within the department and ensures safety devices are being properly utilized.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Perform other similar duties as required by responsibility or necessity or as requested by management.
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering or in a related Engineering field is required. Masters’ Degree Preferred. An additional degree in Business or Management also preferred
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience of progressive experience in manufacturing engineering and management.
- Lean / Six Sigma background and experience preferred.
- Experience managing engineering teams and projects in both a high volume commercial and low-volume product development environments.
- Strong project management, organizational, and communication skills are required. Team attitude; eager to cooperate with others with exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong team leadership skills, effective verbal communication skills, ability to motivate a team to achieve goals. • Ability to influence others in a matrix environment.
- Inside Sales Rep in Golden CO
- Electrical Manufacturing Technician - Control Panel Builder in Oakdale MN
- Quality Assurance in Mansfield MA
- Public Relations Manager in Lowell MA
- Jr. Buyer in Hudson NH
- Manufacturing Associate in Hudson MA
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Machine Operator in Duluth GA
- 2nd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Application Engineer in Lawrenceville GA
- Buyer - Planner in Peabody MA
- Administrative Assistant in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Engineer in Norcross GA
- Press Brake Machine Operator in Peabody MA
- Electro Mechanical Assembler in Lowell MA
- Chemistry Technician I in Golden CO
- Controls Engineer in Mt. Washington KY
- Electronic Assembly Technician in Plymouth MN
- Estimator in Pendergrass GA
- Finishing Technician in Needham Heights MA
- Assembly-Production Tech in Golden CO
- Assembler, CT in Buford GA
- Quality Engineer in Maple Grove MN
- Quality Inspector II - PCBA in Westborough MA
- Shipping & Recieving in Alpharetta GA
- Estimation Technician in Memphis TN
- CAD Modeler in Carrolton GA
- Associate Videographer in Milford MA
- Senior Software Test Engineer in Milford MA
- Inventory Clerk in Rochester NH
- Computer - Production Technician in Rochester NH
- Operations Manager in Memphis TN
- Material Handler III in Milford MA
- Accounts Receivable Coordinator in Billerica MA
- Collections Specialist in Norwell MA
- Machine Operator III in Bridgeport NJ
- Machine Operator I in Bridgeport NJ
- Payroll-HR Clerk in Millville NJ
- Credit Specialist in Memphis TN
- Material Handler in Holliston MA
- EM Assembler in Holliston MA
- Warehouse - General Labor in Oxford MA
- Electronic Technician in Memphis TN
- Accounts Payable Specialist in Milford MA
- Test Operator in Nashua NH
- EM Assembler in Leominster MA
- Order Picker in Wilsonville OR
- Associate CMM Layout Engineer in Milford NH
- Maintenance Technician 2nd Shift in Flowery Branch GA
- Entry Level Staff Accountant in Golden CO
- Maintenance Mechanic in Maple Grove MN
- CNC Programmer in Leominster MA
- Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Milford MA
- Document Control Specialist in North Billerica MA
- CNC Turning Machinist in Milford MA
- Wire Harness Assembler in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Mechanics - 2nd and 3rd shifts in Lincoln RI
- Assembler-Kitter in Norwood MA
- Electrical Design Engineer in Fairburn GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Portsmouth NH
- Shipping and Receiving Supervisor in Westborough MA
- Custodian in Westborough MA
- Production Supervisor in Conyers GA
- Candidate Experience Coordinator in Manhattan NY
- Diesel Technician in Lilburn GA
- Shipping Clerk in Brooklyn Park MN
- Controls Technician in Portland ME
- Engineer, Navigation Systems 18-0054 in Alhambra CA
- Sr Electrical Designer in Minneapolis MN
- IT Technician in Norcross GA
- Quality Engineer in Dover NH
- Packaging technician in Sutton MA
- Advanced Panel Builder in Brooklyn Park MN
- 2nd Shift Production Supervisor in Brooklyn Park MN
- Endoscope Technician in Memphis TN
- Field Service Technician in Franklin MA
- Industrial Engineer II in Maple Grove MN
- Executive Assistant in Newton MA
- Logistics Clerk in Franklin MA
- Machine shop Lead - Supervisor - Operations Support in Central Manchester CT
- Preventative Maintenance Tech - NJ in Vineland NJ
- Optical Technician in Franklin MA
- Mechanical - Incoming Inspector in Hudson NH
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Sutton MA
- EHS Technician - Environmental Health & Safety Tech in Maple Grove MN
- Material Handler in Duluth GA
- Lab Analyst in Norcross GA
- Software Engineer in Hollis NH
- MOCVD Section Manager- 18-0011 in Alhambra CA
- Product Engineer in Milford NH
- Maintenance Mechanic in Shrewsbury MA
- Electronics Technician in Framingham MA
- Logistics Coordinator in Bartlett TN
- Test Tech - 2nd shift in Westborough MA
- Test Operator 2nd shift in Westboro MA
- Solder Assembler II-III 2nd shift in Westboro
- EM Assembler I-II (2nd Shift) in Westboro MA
- Test Operator - AOI -1st shift in Westboro MA
- Manufacturing Engineer II in Maple Grove MN
- Production Supervisor in Shrewsbury MA