Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Our client located in Charlton, Ma is looking for an Engineering Manager to join their team on a direct hire basis.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Engineering Manager provides leadership and direction to the Product Line Engineering Team and technical resources. Oversees the development and implementation of manufacturing processes for the development of new products and to maintain and enhance product quality as well as cost efficiency of existing products. Ensures the engineering team works cohesively across key departments to achieve customer and corporate expectations.
- Confer with Management, Production, and Sales to discuss project and product specifications and procedures. Review high-level and detailed requirements specifications and provide estimates.
- Works with Manufacturing Manager and Paradigm Optics to prioritize engineering and technical resources ensuring activities are coordinated and aligned with development and production goals and timelines.
- Responsible for the management of engineering projects and the definition and documentation of processes for manufacturing. Accountable for driving and reporting on quality and status of projects.
- Monitors performance reports, reviews data and conducts analysis, taking appropriate action as needed.
- Hands-on management and development of new products as well as support and customization of existing products using a structured process. Provide oversight and approval of technical approaches and implementations. Review and initiate engineering change order requests as needed.
- Ensure that all manufacturing product specifications are developed and testing procedures are in place. Monitors engineering tests with the Engineering Team.
- Communicate with internal and external customers regarding application of products as well as root cause and countermeasure technical assistance of field quality and/or performance issues.
- Mentor junior engineers to achieve technical excellence, develop intuitive skills and stay engaged in continuing education. Hold team accountable for achieving goals.
- Coach real-time problem solving with employees to ensure root cause is identified and eliminated.
- Work closely with quality assurance, manufacturing and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products, equipment and tooling/fixtures.
- Applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, tooling, and materials analyze the current processes, procedures and systems in place and develop more optimum solutions where appropriate resulting in better efficiency, cost saving and better team member selections.
- Ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products according to product specifications. Assist in the assessment of vendor/subcontractor evaluation for consideration.
- Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of space equipment, material and labor. Responsible for the development of equipment to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Stay informed concerning new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies.
- Builds internal and external relationships through effective communication, exceptional problemsolving, ownership and follow through.
- Ensures full adherence with all established safety rules and regulations within the department and ensures safety devices are being properly utilized.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Perform other similar duties as required by responsibility or necessity or as requested by management.
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering or in a related Engineering field is required. Masters’ Degree Preferred. An additional degree in Business or Management also preferred
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience of progressive experience in manufacturing engineering and management.
- Lean / Six Sigma background and experience preferred.
- Experience managing engineering teams and projects in both a high volume commercial and low-volume product development environments.
- Strong project management, organizational, and communication skills are required. Team attitude; eager to cooperate with others with exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong team leadership skills, effective verbal communication skills, ability to motivate a team to achieve goals. • Ability to influence others in a matrix environment.
- EM Assembler in Westborough MA
- Data Analyst in Natick MA
- Technical Writer in Norwell MA
- Accountant in Loganville GA
- Assembly in Buford GA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- Production Admin in Duluth GA
- Shift Supervisor in Duluth GA
- Shipping Clerk in Los Alamitos CA
- Maintenance Mechanic, Class A, 1st shift in Worcester MA
- Production Supervisor - 2nd shift in Worcester MA
- Industrial Engineer in Loganville GA
- 2nd Shift Shipping Lead in Lynn MA
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Quality Engineer in Clinton MA
- Quality Document Specialist in Loganville GA
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Press Brake Operator in Duluth GA
- Process Engineer in Covington GA
- Refrigeration Technician in Acton MA
- Electrical Technician in Milford MA
- Supplier Quality Technican in Milford MA
- Production Control Planner in Central Manchester CT
- Documentation Control Specialist in Maple Grove MN
- Test Technician in Natick MA
- Clinical Data Manager in Boston MA
- Programmer in Contoocook NH
- Technical Accounting Manager in Billerica MA
- Quality Documentation Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- Sr iOS engineer in Boston MA
- Lab Processing Clerk in Norwood MA
- Administrative Assistant in Milford MA
- Bench Repair Technician in Kennesaw GA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in Norwood MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Microdeburrer in Milford MA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Maple Grove MN
- Sr Director Engineering in Alhambra CA
- Lean Manager-Continuous Improvement Manager in Milford NH
- Assembly Line in Flowery Branch GA
- Final Inspectors in Central Manchester CT
- Production Coordinator in Norwood MA
- Punch Press Programmer in Duluth GA
- Inventory Clerk in Acton MA
- Column Assembler in Milford MA
- Buyer in Woburn MA
- Systems Development Co-op in Milford MA
- Design Assurance Quality Engineer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Receiving Inspection Specialist in Worcester MA
- Project Engineer in Fairburn GA
- Supply Chain Associate in Worcester MA
- EM Assembler III in Westboro MA
- Training Coordinator in Ashland MA
- Electromechanical Assembler in Norwood MA
- Inside Sales Customer Support Representative in Alpharetta GA
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- SI Assembler II in Nashua NH
- Service Delivery Manager in Minneapolis MN
- Post SMT Assembler in Westford MA
- Mechanical Assembler - 2nd Shift in Ashland MA
- Mechanical -Manufacturing Engineer in Woburn MA
- Lead Packaging Technician in Sutton MA
- Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Mechanical Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Account Manager MA in Marlborough MA
- Regional Account Executive MA in Marlborough MA
- Senior Recruiter MA in Marlborough MA
- Recruiter MA in Marlborough MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- Recruiter MN in Minneapolis MN
- Recruiter GA in Suwanee GA
- Recruiter NJ in Vineland NJ
- Recruiter NH in Nashua NH
- Senior Recruiter MN in Minneapolis MN
- Order Picker in Brooklyn Park MN
- Senior Recruiter GA in Suwanee GA
- Senior Recruiter NJ in Vineland NJ
- Senior Recruiter NH in Nashua NH
- Materials and Production Planner in Tucker GA
- Regional Account Executive MN in Minneapolis MN
- Regional Account Executive GA in Suwanee GA
- Regional Account Executive NJ in Vineland NJ
- Regional Account Executive NH in Nashua NH
- Account Manager MN in Minneapolis MN
- Account Manager GA in Suwanee GA
- Account Manager NJ in Vineland NJ
- Account Manager NH in Nashua NH
- Instrument Assembler II in Eden Prairie MN
- Program Manager MA in Marlborough MA
- Program Manager Suwanee GA in Suwanee GA
- Program Manager NH in Nashua NH
- Panel Builder in Duluth GA
- Sales Administrative Assistant in Lawrenceville GA
- NDT Level II Inspector in Central Manchester CT
- Logistics Coordinator-Analyst in West Harrison NY
- Datron Operator in Lawrenceville GA
- Drafter in Pendergrass GA
- Machine Operator in Lawrenceville GA