Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Our client located in Charlton, Ma is looking for an Engineering Manager to join their team on a direct hire basis.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Engineering Manager provides leadership and direction to the Product Line Engineering Team and technical resources. Oversees the development and implementation of manufacturing processes for the development of new products and to maintain and enhance product quality as well as cost efficiency of existing products. Ensures the engineering team works cohesively across key departments to achieve customer and corporate expectations.
- Confer with Management, Production, and Sales to discuss project and product specifications and procedures. Review high-level and detailed requirements specifications and provide estimates.
- Works with Manufacturing Manager and Paradigm Optics to prioritize engineering and technical resources ensuring activities are coordinated and aligned with development and production goals and timelines.
- Responsible for the management of engineering projects and the definition and documentation of processes for manufacturing. Accountable for driving and reporting on quality and status of projects.
- Monitors performance reports, reviews data and conducts analysis, taking appropriate action as needed.
- Hands-on management and development of new products as well as support and customization of existing products using a structured process. Provide oversight and approval of technical approaches and implementations. Review and initiate engineering change order requests as needed.
- Ensure that all manufacturing product specifications are developed and testing procedures are in place. Monitors engineering tests with the Engineering Team.
- Communicate with internal and external customers regarding application of products as well as root cause and countermeasure technical assistance of field quality and/or performance issues.
- Mentor junior engineers to achieve technical excellence, develop intuitive skills and stay engaged in continuing education. Hold team accountable for achieving goals.
- Coach real-time problem solving with employees to ensure root cause is identified and eliminated.
- Work closely with quality assurance, manufacturing and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products, equipment and tooling/fixtures.
- Applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, tooling, and materials analyze the current processes, procedures and systems in place and develop more optimum solutions where appropriate resulting in better efficiency, cost saving and better team member selections.
- Ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products according to product specifications. Assist in the assessment of vendor/subcontractor evaluation for consideration.
- Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of space equipment, material and labor. Responsible for the development of equipment to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Stay informed concerning new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies.
- Builds internal and external relationships through effective communication, exceptional problemsolving, ownership and follow through.
- Ensures full adherence with all established safety rules and regulations within the department and ensures safety devices are being properly utilized.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Perform other similar duties as required by responsibility or necessity or as requested by management.
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering or in a related Engineering field is required. Masters’ Degree Preferred. An additional degree in Business or Management also preferred
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience of progressive experience in manufacturing engineering and management.
- Lean / Six Sigma background and experience preferred.
- Experience managing engineering teams and projects in both a high volume commercial and low-volume product development environments.
- Strong project management, organizational, and communication skills are required. Team attitude; eager to cooperate with others with exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong team leadership skills, effective verbal communication skills, ability to motivate a team to achieve goals. • Ability to influence others in a matrix environment.
- Mechanical Assembler (1st Shift) in Ashland MA
- Crimpers in Alpharetta GA
- NDT Level II Inspector in Santa Fe Springs CA
- PLC Programmer- Controls Specialist in South Brunswick NJ
- HR Specialist in Milford MA
- Endoscope Technician in Bartlett TN
- Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- SMT Production lead in Milford NH
- Sr Project Manager in Maple Grove MN
- Industrial Engineer in Newnan GA
- NDT Inspector III in Central Manchester CT
- Assembly-Production Technician II in Golden CO
- Welder in Sterling MA
- 5 Operating Molding in Hopkinton MA
- Engineering Techs in Merrimack NH
- Short Term Assignment in Suwanee GA
- Belt Fabricator in Suwanee GA
- Equipment Operator (Reach Lift) in Jefferson GA
- Quality Assurance Engineer in Duluth GA
- Production Assistant: in Los Alamitos CA
- Robotic Weld Operator in Duluth GA
- Warehouse Associate in burlington MA
- Quality Assurance Manager in Beverly MA
- Mechanical Inspector in Peabody MA
- Methods programmer in Milford NH
- Methods Documentation Specialist in Milford NH
- Accounts Payable Supervisor in Milford MA
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Terminal Clerk in Oxford MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Manufacturing Engineer in Portsmouth NH
- Project Manager in Fairburn GA
- 1st Shift Shipping Clerk in Manchester NH
- Test Technician in Tucker GA
- Pin Cell Operator in Central Manchester CT
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Procurement Specialist in Alpharetta GA
- Welder in Duluth GA
- Financial Reporting Analyst in Marlborough MA
- Productions Ops Tech II in Milford MA
- Material Handler in Franklin MA
- Assembler - Kitter in Milford MA
- Staff Accountant in
- Principle Software Engineer in Lowell MA
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Solidworks Drafter in Bowling Green FL
- 2nd Shift QA Tech in Doraville GA
- Manufacturing Engineering Technician in Maple Grove MN
- Device Tech in Beverly MA
- AutoCad Technician in Bartlett TN
- Accounting Manager in Newton MA
- CNC Machine Operator in Norcross GA
- Field Service Technician in Franklin MA
- Production Coordinator in Norwood MA
- Program Manager MA in
- MANUAL MACHINIST in Central Manchester CT
- Project Engineer in Douglasville GA
- Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd Shift in Worcester MA
- Maintenance Manager - 1st Shift in Metro West MA
- Maintenance Mechanic - 1st shift in Worcester MA
- Production Supervisor - 3rd shift in Worcester MA
- Electrical Manufacturing Technician in Brooklyn Park MN
- Field Service Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Gear Machinist in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Recruiting Coordinator in Waltham MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Duluth GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Distribution Associate in Memphis TN
- Final Inspector in Central Manchester CT
- Dispatcher in Marlton NJ
- CNC - Lathe or Mill in Boylston MA
- Mechanical Engineer in Newnan GA
- Project Engineer in MA
- CNC Programmer (Mastercam): in Collierville TN
- Shipping & Receiving in Alpharetta GA
- Welder in Duluth GA
- Operations Supervisor in Ashland MA
- 1st ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST in Central Manchester CT
- Control Box Builder in Brooklyn Park MN
- Accounting Clerk in Westborough MA
- HR Admin in Auburn MA
- CNC Machinist in Central Manchester CT
- Machine Operators- 3rd shift in Lebanon NH
- Accounts Receivable in Westford MA
- Electromechanical Assembler in Waltham MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Waltham MA
- CAD Designer in MA
- Engineering Technician in Memphis TN
- Solder Assembler II in Westboro
- Warehouse Associate in Milford MA
- Embedded Engineer in Ashland MA
- Warehouse Shipping-Receiving in Suwanee GA
- Warehouse Order Picker in Suwanee GA
- IT Help Desk Technician in Marlborough MA
- Fabrication - Lacing in Suwanee GA
- Maintenance Multi-Craft Day Shift in Gainesville GA
- Maintenance Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Electrical Engineer in Littleton MA
- Project Engineer in Sterling MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Sterling MA