Our client located in Charlton, Ma is looking for an Engineering Manager to join their team on a direct hire basis.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Engineering Manager provides leadership and direction to the Product Line Engineering Team and technical resources. Oversees the development and implementation of manufacturing processes for the development of new products and to maintain and enhance product quality as well as cost efficiency of existing products. Ensures the engineering team works cohesively across key departments to achieve customer and corporate expectations.
- Confer with Management, Production, and Sales to discuss project and product specifications and procedures. Review high-level and detailed requirements specifications and provide estimates.
- Works with Manufacturing Manager and Paradigm Optics to prioritize engineering and technical resources ensuring activities are coordinated and aligned with development and production goals and timelines.
- Responsible for the management of engineering projects and the definition and documentation of processes for manufacturing. Accountable for driving and reporting on quality and status of projects.
- Monitors performance reports, reviews data and conducts analysis, taking appropriate action as needed.
- Hands-on management and development of new products as well as support and customization of existing products using a structured process. Provide oversight and approval of technical approaches and implementations. Review and initiate engineering change order requests as needed.
- Ensure that all manufacturing product specifications are developed and testing procedures are in place. Monitors engineering tests with the Engineering Team.
- Communicate with internal and external customers regarding application of products as well as root cause and countermeasure technical assistance of field quality and/or performance issues.
- Mentor junior engineers to achieve technical excellence, develop intuitive skills and stay engaged in continuing education. Hold team accountable for achieving goals.
- Coach real-time problem solving with employees to ensure root cause is identified and eliminated.
- Work closely with quality assurance, manufacturing and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products, equipment and tooling/fixtures.
- Applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, tooling, and materials analyze the current processes, procedures and systems in place and develop more optimum solutions where appropriate resulting in better efficiency, cost saving and better team member selections.
- Ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products according to product specifications. Assist in the assessment of vendor/subcontractor evaluation for consideration.
- Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of space equipment, material and labor. Responsible for the development of equipment to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Stay informed concerning new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies.
- Builds internal and external relationships through effective communication, exceptional problemsolving, ownership and follow through.
- Ensures full adherence with all established safety rules and regulations within the department and ensures safety devices are being properly utilized.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Perform other similar duties as required by responsibility or necessity or as requested by management.
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing or Industrail Engineering or in a related Engineering field is required. Masters’ Degree Preferred. An additional degree in Business or Management also preferred
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience of progressive experience in manufacturing engineering and management.
- Lean / Six Sigma background and experience preferred.
- Experience managing engineering teams and projects in both a high volume commercial and low-volume product development environments.
- Strong project management, organizational, and communication skills are required. Team attitude; eager to cooperate with others with exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong team leadership skills, effective verbal communication skills, ability to motivate a team to achieve goals. • Ability to influence others in a matrix environment.