This position is required to adequately manage the engineering resources required for new product development, sustaining, and new technology activities.
This person will manage ~8 engineers representing a multi-functional capability engineering team (Hardware, Software, Firmware, Mechanical). This person will manage the team driving the high growth OE product line as well as managing the daily activities associated with the product sustaining requirements. In total they will manage the engineering activities associated with ~$35M in revenue.
This position will manage a design team in Bozeman, MT responsible for sustaining efforts and new technology investigations. This person will also remotely manage the design team in California responsible for OE product development. This person will direct those involved in the design, modification, and evaluation of all phases of the department’s products from product definition through production and release. This position functions as the central resource with design, manufacturing, quality, and test, and marketing as the products move to completion. This individual will promote investigation of new technologies and will keep pace with technology development and industry trends.
They will ensure that products shipped meet specifications and quality goals. This person will formulate and execute long term plans for cost/profit control. This position will supervise and be responsible for the teams growth and development.
Education and experience:
- BS in Engineering. MS preferred. (BSEE, BS Comp Sci, BSME)
- 5-7 years of related experience in managing engineering teams and project management.
- Has managed engineering teams through several product releases.
- Experience working with cross functional engineering groups (firmware, mechanical, software, electrical).
- Can conduct performance reviews, proper reporting, and project management.