We have an immediate - Direct Hire - opening for an Estimator with an industrial construction project background for a client in the Southern Atlanta, GA Metro area.
- Perform accurate, thorough and timely estimates; labor, materials, varying disciplines and sub-contractors etc...
- Have knowledge of the terms of the Construction Contract and of the Construction documents, including the complete drawings (civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, and systems); specifications; addenda; change documents; and any other pertinent documents. Automation knowledge a BIG plus.
- Create and maintain a database of cost on established estimating tools and databases (not MS Excel) and lead the implementation of this tool division wide.
- Work cooperatively with DE, SCS, PMO and construction teams in the preparation of project estimates.
- Work with Design Engineering team to support model updates and cost reviews, explaining inputs and rationale for costs (Design Engineering will continue to be lead for submitting cost estimates to Commercial Finance, supported by tools and backup provided by cost estimator role).
- Support benchmarking database to enable comparing the last X jobs – actual vs. estimated
- Assist the Program Manager, Construction/Automation Project Managers to provide input on the engineering, procurement, automation integration, and construction costs for projects.
- Bachelor degree in Construction or Technology field, ideally.
- 10+ years’ experience Estimating industrial projects
- Familiarity with major General Contractors and other sub-contracting, construction companies would be ideal.
- Strong knowledge on estimating tools and databases
- Full company sponsored Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid time off, holidays, etc...
- Up to 10% bonus potential