Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer:
Reporting directly to the Service Manager in the US and working closely with other team members, the key focus of this role will be centered on the installation, service, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance of customer sites around USA and Canada. The role will require excellent logistical and time management traits to identify and resolve of customer issues and ultimately provide outstanding customer support.
This is an exciting position for a talented individual who would like to contribute to this fascinating area of cancer research.
- Assist in service repair, preventative maintenance and customer support.
- Effectively manage, plan and execute new site installations in Hospital and University settings.
- Quickly and efficiently plan multi-site travel itineraries as per activates assigned by the Service Manager.
- Contribute to team troubleshooting aid whenever necessary.
- Know and understand all products (medical and research systems) and their applications for various objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Electronics Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology or equivalent subject matter.
- Experience with electronics troubleshooting and repair, particularly medical equipment.
- Experience with software applications related to device operation
- Computer literate: able to troubleshoot custom Windows 7 applications with a core understanding of system principals and techniques.
- Well versed in processes core to Medical and Radiation Oncology.
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative approach.
- Able to carry or pull up to 50lbs of tools and test equipment.
- Travel up to 80% around USA and Canada.
- Clinical/Pre-clinical Radiation Therapy experience including: • Treatment setup and relevance to anatomical targets
- Treatment planning & dosimetry
- Appreciation of Quality Assurance procedures, commissioning and associated dosimetry
- Treatment verification
- Experience in any area of Medical Imaging Research including Image Processing and Visualization.
- Experience with other Medical Imaging modalities (Fluorescence, PET, MRI).
- Programming experience (C/C++, Python); experience using and developing modules with the 3D Slicer medical image computing platform.
- The successful candidate will have a high level of academic ability with a degree in Electronics Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology, or similar and be able to understand, interpret and assimilate technical information quickly.
- This dynamic position requires the ability to adapt in a fast paced environment and to communicate effectively with applications and product development collaborators.
- Knowledge of clinical and/or pre-clinical research environments is beneficial, but not essential.
- The ideal candidate will have experience using with medical imaging and robotic systems.
- A bonus would be an aptitude for programming and general knowledge of computer science.
- You must be able to apply your analytical skills to deftly troubleshoot and resolve equipment issues as they arise. You must be flexible in your ability to effectively deal with varying workloads, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- You must be eligible to work in the USA and must hold (or be able to obtain) a valid USA driving license.