Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer
We are seeking a Field Service Engineer to take the lead on service and support of a newly released product designed for cell therapy bioprocessing. The ideal candidate will be eager to jump in and learn both the theory of operation as well as troubleshooting and repair of this exciting new technology.
- Providing on-site product installation and customer training, on an as-needed basis.
- Customer support activities, with a focus on preventative and corrective maintenance of instrumentation and customer relationship management.
- Troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve technical issues on a variety of complex instrument subsystems including Optical, Fluidic, Mechanical and Electro-Mechanical subsystems.
- Managing service call scheduling, parts inventory and administrative responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Documentation of service activities. Provide periodic reports to management including compilations of customer complaints, trend analyses, and suggestions for improvement.
- Review of available technical literature to maintain an awareness of current laboratory practices and procedures.
- Creating, updating and maintaining Technical Service Procedures, Manuals and other documentation as necessary to incorporate product revisions.
- Effective interaction and communication with cross functional internal departments (technical support, manufacturing, R&D, and sales).
- Represent the company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with customers, both external and internal.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or Associate’s Degree with applicable related experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of field service or engineering experience.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and resolve problems on electronic and mechanical instrumentation in a scientific laboratory or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Fast learner and resourceful problem solver.
- Must possess basic software skills and computer literacy.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze schematics, assembly drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, self-motivated and an effective team player.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift 50lbs.
- Up to 60% international travel (predominantly to Japan) will be required to meet customer needs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must hold a valid passport for non-restricted international travel.