Field Service-Repair Technician
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Field Service-Repair Technician
Title:Field Service/Repair Technician
Field Service/Repair Technician:
We are currently seeking for a Field Service/Repair Technician for one of our clients in Harvey, LA. The Technician will be responsible for Assembly, Installation, and Repair of Gas Turbine Engines. This role is a direct hire and requires the candidate to travel 20-30%, mostly overseas. While not travelling the Technician will report daily to the facility and provide production support.
Responsibilities of the Field Service/Repair Technician:
- Overall responsibility for resolving field service problems for installed marine and industrial products, engine and full system, including scheduled and unscheduled maintenance actions, upgrades and warranty services.
- Includes scheduling and planning (tools, parts, etc.), troubleshooting and problem solving, and hands-on corrective actions.
- Includes troubleshooting, development of corrective actions, definition of replacement part requirements, and hands-on implementation of corrective actions.
- Provide assembly of new parts and components in accordance with established procedures.
- Provide on-site commissioning support for industrial and marine projects in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Direct customer interface; communicating root cause of problems, corrective actions, schedule of events and overall technical guidance.
- Documentation of field service events using appropriate forms and processes.
- Update customer records after performing on-site maintenance. Provide customers with configuration support for in-service engines.
- Maintain and improve current customer relationships for all aftermarket services.
- Maintain fleet database for all engines in service.
- Training of customers and cross training of fellow employees.
- Support customer training events performed at VPSNO.
- Support Engineering with maintenance of development engine.
- Review new and revised technical publications. Provide feedback for areas of improvement.
- Expeditiously resolve customers technical problems consistent with the standards defined in the product technical publications and in a cost effective manner.
- Perform overhaul and repair work consistent with the standards defined in the product technical publications and in a cost effective manner and within defined schedule.
- Maintain necessary documentation for all MR&O services performed.
- Documentation of all costs associated with revenue generating events, including hardware transfers from or to inventory, hardware repair costs (internal and external), shipping expenses, etc. Support creation of invoices for services performed. Define hardware needs to perform services and create/submit purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
- Identify tooling problems and initiate corrective actions.
- Support development of customer invoices for field services performed.
- Clearly document all labour hours, hardware and consumables.
- Arrange shipment of field return hardware and tools, and ensure proper packaging of these items.
- Provide direct customer feedback to Manager of Aftermarket Support and identify potential corrective actions to customers’ problems, and potential methods to achieve cost and schedule reductions, performance and quality enhancements.
- Demonstrate commitment to superior customer service and high quality standards.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment handling multiple projects simultaneously.
Requirements of the Field Service/Repair Technician:
- 5 years of hands-on experience with industrial/marine gas turbines, and analog and digital control systems.
- Familiar with gas turbine technology & marine/industrial markets.
- 5 years of direct customer support experience.
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident status required.
- Experience with computer software, such as MS Word, and Excel or similar tools.
- Strong customer relations experience. Ability to develop new and enhance existing customer relationships.
- Certified mechanics license preferable.
- Trained in areas of Safety & Hazardous Materials.
- Experience with bills of material, source control, technical drawings, and manufacturing of gas turbines and marine and industrial systems.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and AS9100 Quality System requirements.
- Direct experience in commissioning, setting to work, troubleshooting, servicing and maintaining marine (propulsion) and/or industrial (power generation, mechanical drive and combined heat and power) systems.
- Quality Control Inspector in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Engineer in Pinehurst NC
- Warehouse Lead 3rd Shift in Worcester MA
- Entry-Level Maintenance Mechanic 2nd shift in Worcester MA
- Desktop Support in Suwanee GA
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Inspector in Central Manchester CT
- Inventory and Material Control Associate in Duluth GA
- Wire Processing Machine Operator in Brooklyn Park MN
- Technician in Cambridge MA
- Quality Tech in Norcross GA
- Quality Inspector in Manchester NH
- Configuration Analyst in Framingham MA
- Maintenance Planner in Gainesville GA
- Lab Support Personnel in Memphis TN
- Principal Process Design & Development Engineer in North Canton OH
- MFG - process Engineer Automation Test Tech QA Engineer Material Planner in Manchester NH
- FPGA Designer - Firmware Development Engineer in Alhambra CA
- Lab and Tire Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- Electro - Mechanical Assembler in Maple Grove MN
- Precision Optical & Mechanical Inspector in Merrimack NH
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Sr. Software Engineer in Norwood MA
- Crimpers in Alpharetta GA
- Process Engineer in Covington GA
- Quality Inspection Technician in Wilmington MA
- Quality Engineer in Laconia NH
- AP- AR Specialist in Boylston MA
- Control Panel Power Wirer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Electrical Tester in Brooklyn Park MN
- Project Manager in Marlborough MA
- Talent Acquisition Manager in Marlborough MA
- Lean-FEM Coordinator in Doraville GA
- Instrument Assembler II in Eden Prairie MN
- Quality Engineer in Gainesville GA
- CAD Drafter in Ball Ground GA
- Supplier Quality Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Quality Technician in Gainesville GA
- CNC Lathe Machinist in Boylston MA
- Assembly Test Tech in Marlborough MA
- RMA Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Stockroom Attendant in Gainesville GA
- Inventory Control in Duluth GA
- Product Design Engineer in Milford NH
- Process Engineer- Metallurgist in Milford NH
- Quality Inspector in Memphis TN
- Supplier Quality Engineer in Chaska MN
- Warehouse - 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Modular Assembly - 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Fabrication - 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Manufacturing Tech (Entry Level- Skilled) in Ayer MA
- Office Manager in Huntsville AL
- Soldering in Suwanee GA
- Assembler in Norcross GA
- Digital Product Manager in Suwanee GA
- Customer Service Representative in Leominister MA
- Electrical Engineer in Lowell MA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Woodbury MN
- QC Inspector in Manchester NH
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Maintenance Technician in Lithonia GA
- Lead Machine Operator - 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Office Manager in Lexington MA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Hoschton GA
- Assembler II in Milford MA
- Microdeburer in Milford MA
- Machine Operator in Hoschton GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Lowell MA
- Maintenance Technician in Hoschton GA
- Accounting-Administrative Support in Duluth GA
- Buyer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Assembler in Golden Valley MN
- Technical Recruiter in Suwanee GA
- Quality Coordinator in Mansfield MA
- Tooling Engineer in Newnan GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Burnsville MN
- E&I - Maintenance Technician in Lithonia GA
- Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Maintenance Tech in Lawrenceville GA
- Process Operator in Franklin MA
- Engineering Intern in Memphis TN
- Material Handler in Franklin MA
- Wire Harness Assembler in Brooklyn Park MN
- Manufacturing Technician in Bedford, MA MA
- Production Control Associate in Cumming GA
- Quality Engineer in Duluth GA
- Structural Engineer in Ball Ground GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Laconia NH
- Manufacturing Engineer in Tucker GA
- Senior Document Control Specialist in Cambridge MA
- Lead Mechanical Engineer in Fort Worth TX
- Industrial Seamstress in Suwanee GA
- Sr Test Engineer in Bedford MA
- Operator- Assembly Tech in Central Manchester CT
- Warehouse Shipping & Receiving Lead in Olive Branch MS
- Mechanical Assembler - 1st Shift in Ashland MA
- Manufacturing Engineer-Contract in Charlton MA
- Technical Recruiter-Program Manager - MN in Minneapolis MN
- Software Engineer in Cambridge MA