Field Service-Repair Technician
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Field Service-Repair Technician
Title:Field Service/Repair Technician
Field Service/Repair Technician:
We are currently seeking for a Field Service/Repair Technician for one of our clients in Harvey, LA. The Technician will be responsible for Assembly, Installation, and Repair of Gas Turbine Engines. This role is a direct hire and requires the candidate to travel 20-30%, mostly overseas. While not travelling the Technician will report daily to the facility and provide production support.
Responsibilities of the Field Service/Repair Technician:
- Overall responsibility for resolving field service problems for installed marine and industrial products, engine and full system, including scheduled and unscheduled maintenance actions, upgrades and warranty services.
- Includes scheduling and planning (tools, parts, etc.), troubleshooting and problem solving, and hands-on corrective actions.
- Includes troubleshooting, development of corrective actions, definition of replacement part requirements, and hands-on implementation of corrective actions.
- Provide assembly of new parts and components in accordance with established procedures.
- Provide on-site commissioning support for industrial and marine projects in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Direct customer interface; communicating root cause of problems, corrective actions, schedule of events and overall technical guidance.
- Documentation of field service events using appropriate forms and processes.
- Update customer records after performing on-site maintenance. Provide customers with configuration support for in-service engines.
- Maintain and improve current customer relationships for all aftermarket services.
- Maintain fleet database for all engines in service.
- Training of customers and cross training of fellow employees.
- Support customer training events performed at VPSNO.
- Support Engineering with maintenance of development engine.
- Review new and revised technical publications. Provide feedback for areas of improvement.
- Expeditiously resolve customers technical problems consistent with the standards defined in the product technical publications and in a cost effective manner.
- Perform overhaul and repair work consistent with the standards defined in the product technical publications and in a cost effective manner and within defined schedule.
- Maintain necessary documentation for all MR&O services performed.
- Documentation of all costs associated with revenue generating events, including hardware transfers from or to inventory, hardware repair costs (internal and external), shipping expenses, etc. Support creation of invoices for services performed. Define hardware needs to perform services and create/submit purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
- Identify tooling problems and initiate corrective actions.
- Support development of customer invoices for field services performed.
- Clearly document all labour hours, hardware and consumables.
- Arrange shipment of field return hardware and tools, and ensure proper packaging of these items.
- Provide direct customer feedback to Manager of Aftermarket Support and identify potential corrective actions to customers’ problems, and potential methods to achieve cost and schedule reductions, performance and quality enhancements.
- Demonstrate commitment to superior customer service and high quality standards.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment handling multiple projects simultaneously.
Requirements of the Field Service/Repair Technician:
- 5 years of hands-on experience with industrial/marine gas turbines, and analog and digital control systems.
- Familiar with gas turbine technology & marine/industrial markets.
- 5 years of direct customer support experience.
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident status required.
- Experience with computer software, such as MS Word, and Excel or similar tools.
- Strong customer relations experience. Ability to develop new and enhance existing customer relationships.
- Certified mechanics license preferable.
- Trained in areas of Safety & Hazardous Materials.
- Experience with bills of material, source control, technical drawings, and manufacturing of gas turbines and marine and industrial systems.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and AS9100 Quality System requirements.
- Direct experience in commissioning, setting to work, troubleshooting, servicing and maintaining marine (propulsion) and/or industrial (power generation, mechanical drive and combined heat and power) systems.
- Sheet Metal Fabricator in Medway MA
- Warehouse Associate in Lexington MA
- AutoCAD Drafter in Conyers GA
- Inventory Control Associate in Woburn MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in MA
- Failure Analysis Engineering Aide in Lincoln RI
- CNC Operator in Norcross GA
- Fabricator-Welder in Norcross GA
- CMM-Mechanical Inspector (1st & 2nd shift) in Woburn MA
- CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Sr. Quality Engineer in Jasper GA
- 3rd Shift QA Technician in Lawrence MA
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Engineering Manager in Bozeman MT
- Systems-Electrical Engineer in Exeter NH
- Receptionist-Sales Support in Bartlett TN
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Solidworks Designer in Concord NH
- Test Technician in Duluth GA
- Salesforce Admin in Norcross GA
- Lab and Tire Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- CAD Designer in Duluth GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- PCB Assembler in Norcross GA
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Software Engineer in Bartlett TN
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Welder in Loganville GA
- Inspector in Franklin MA
- Finisher I in Memphis TN
- Administrative Assistant in Maple Grove MN
- Manual Lathe Operator in Norcross GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Atlanta GA
- Tool Room-Maintenance Supervisor in Atlanta GA
- 1st Shift Shipping Clerk in Manchester NH
- Tool & Die Maker in Atlanta GA
- Warehouse Order Picker in Suwanee GA
- Project Manager in MA
- 3rd Shift Extrusion Operator in Manchester NH
- Customer Service Rep in Ashland MA
- SMT Operator - 1st Shift in Burnsville MN
- Senior CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Inspector in Woburn MA
- Material Handler in Lindon UT
- HR Specialist in Newton MA
- Equipment Installation Technician in Marlborough MA
- Plant Manager in Woburn MA
- Project Manager in Dacula GA
- Purchasing Agent in Dacula GA
- Lead CAD Drafter in Dacula GA
- Buyer in Peabody MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- Customer Service Admin in Duluth GA
- CNC Operator in West Deptford NJ
- Engineering Technicians in Andover MA
- Enterprise Sales Representative in Marlborough MA
- 2nd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 1st Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Accounts Payable Financial Assistant in Milford MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- Manufacturing Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Site Quality Manager in Maple Grove MN
- Material Planner in Bartlett TN
- General Laborer in West Deptford NJ
- Senior Electrical Systems Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Receiving Material Handler in Flowery Branch GA
- Assembly Line in Flowery Branch GA
- Maintenance Specialist in Lawrenceville GA
- Mechanical Inspector II - RII in Westborough MA
- Quality Inspector II - EM in Westborough MA
- Quality Control Inspector in Worcester MA
- Marketing Communication Associate in Brooklyn Park MN
- Project Manager in North Charleston SC
- CAD Designer in Arlington TN
- Column Assembler in Milford MA
- Mechanical Assembler (1st Shift) in Ashland MA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- Crimpers in Alpharetta GA
- Altium Designer in Lawrenceville GA
- Endoscope Technician in Bartlett TN
- SMT Production lead in Milford NH
- Sr Project Manager in Maple Grove MN
- Industrial Engineer in Newnan GA
- NDT Inspector III in Central Manchester CT
- Fiber Optic -Cable Assembly 1st Shift in Portsmouth NH
- Fiber Optic - Cable Assembly 2nd shift in Portsmouth NH
- DEBURR OPERATOR in Central Manchester CT
- 5 Operating Molders in Hopkinton MA
- Engineering Techs in Merrimack NH
- Belt Fabricator in Suwanee GA
- Customer Service Representative in Suwanee GA
- CNC Operator in Cumming GA
- Equipment Operator (Reach Lift) in Jefferson GA
- Quality Assurance Engineer in Duluth GA
- Production Assistant: in Los Alamitos CA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Beverly MA
- Quality Assurance Manager in Beverly MA
- Mechanical Inspector in Peabody MA
- Terminal Clerk in Oxford MA