Field Service-Repair Technician
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Field Service-Repair Technician
Title:Field Service/Repair Technician
Field Service/Repair Technician:
We are currently seeking for a Field Service/Repair Technician for one of our clients in Harvey, LA. The Technician will be responsible for Assembly, Installation, and Repair of Gas Turbine Engines. This role is a direct hire and requires the candidate to travel 20-30%, mostly overseas. While not travelling the Technician will report daily to the facility and provide production support.
Responsibilities of the Field Service/Repair Technician:
- Overall responsibility for resolving field service problems for installed marine and industrial products, engine and full system, including scheduled and unscheduled maintenance actions, upgrades and warranty services.
- Includes scheduling and planning (tools, parts, etc.), troubleshooting and problem solving, and hands-on corrective actions.
- Includes troubleshooting, development of corrective actions, definition of replacement part requirements, and hands-on implementation of corrective actions.
- Provide assembly of new parts and components in accordance with established procedures.
- Provide on-site commissioning support for industrial and marine projects in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Direct customer interface; communicating root cause of problems, corrective actions, schedule of events and overall technical guidance.
- Documentation of field service events using appropriate forms and processes.
- Update customer records after performing on-site maintenance. Provide customers with configuration support for in-service engines.
- Maintain and improve current customer relationships for all aftermarket services.
- Maintain fleet database for all engines in service.
- Training of customers and cross training of fellow employees.
- Support customer training events performed at VPSNO.
- Support Engineering with maintenance of development engine.
- Review new and revised technical publications. Provide feedback for areas of improvement.
- Expeditiously resolve customers technical problems consistent with the standards defined in the product technical publications and in a cost effective manner.
- Perform overhaul and repair work consistent with the standards defined in the product technical publications and in a cost effective manner and within defined schedule.
- Maintain necessary documentation for all MR&O services performed.
- Documentation of all costs associated with revenue generating events, including hardware transfers from or to inventory, hardware repair costs (internal and external), shipping expenses, etc. Support creation of invoices for services performed. Define hardware needs to perform services and create/submit purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
- Identify tooling problems and initiate corrective actions.
- Support development of customer invoices for field services performed.
- Clearly document all labour hours, hardware and consumables.
- Arrange shipment of field return hardware and tools, and ensure proper packaging of these items.
- Provide direct customer feedback to Manager of Aftermarket Support and identify potential corrective actions to customers’ problems, and potential methods to achieve cost and schedule reductions, performance and quality enhancements.
- Demonstrate commitment to superior customer service and high quality standards.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment handling multiple projects simultaneously.
Requirements of the Field Service/Repair Technician:
- 5 years of hands-on experience with industrial/marine gas turbines, and analog and digital control systems.
- Familiar with gas turbine technology & marine/industrial markets.
- 5 years of direct customer support experience.
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident status required.
- Experience with computer software, such as MS Word, and Excel or similar tools.
- Strong customer relations experience. Ability to develop new and enhance existing customer relationships.
- Certified mechanics license preferable.
- Trained in areas of Safety & Hazardous Materials.
- Experience with bills of material, source control, technical drawings, and manufacturing of gas turbines and marine and industrial systems.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and AS9100 Quality System requirements.
- Direct experience in commissioning, setting to work, troubleshooting, servicing and maintaining marine (propulsion) and/or industrial (power generation, mechanical drive and combined heat and power) systems.
- EM Assembler in Westborough MA
- Data Analyst in Natick MA
- Technical Writer in Norwell MA
- Accountant in Loganville GA
- Assembly in Buford GA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- Production Admin in Duluth GA
- Shift Supervisor in Duluth GA
- Shipping Clerk in Los Alamitos CA
- Maintenance Mechanic, Class A, 1st shift in Worcester MA
- Production Supervisor - 2nd shift in Worcester MA
- Industrial Engineer in Loganville GA
- 2nd Shift Shipping Lead in Lynn MA
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Quality Engineer in Clinton MA
- Quality Document Specialist in Loganville GA
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Press Brake Operator in Duluth GA
- Process Engineer in Covington GA
- Refrigeration Technician in Acton MA
- Electrical Technician in Milford MA
- Supplier Quality Technican in Milford MA
- Production Control Planner in Central Manchester CT
- Documentation Control Specialist in Maple Grove MN
- Test Technician in Natick MA
- Clinical Data Manager in Boston MA
- Programmer in Contoocook NH
- Technical Accounting Manager in Billerica MA
- Quality Documentation Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- Sr iOS engineer in Boston MA
- Lab Processing Clerk in Norwood MA
- Administrative Assistant in Milford MA
- Bench Repair Technician in Kennesaw GA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in Norwood MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Microdeburrer in Milford MA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Maple Grove MN
- Sr Director Engineering in Alhambra CA
- Lean Manager-Continuous Improvement Manager in Milford NH
- Assembly Line in Flowery Branch GA
- Final Inspectors in Central Manchester CT
- Production Coordinator in Norwood MA
- Punch Press Programmer in Duluth GA
- Inventory Clerk in Acton MA
- Column Assembler in Milford MA
- Buyer in Woburn MA
- Systems Development Co-op in Milford MA
- Design Assurance Quality Engineer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Receiving Inspection Specialist in Worcester MA
- Project Engineer in Fairburn GA
- Supply Chain Associate in Worcester MA
- EM Assembler III in Westboro MA
- Training Coordinator in Ashland MA
- Electromechanical Assembler in Norwood MA
- Inside Sales Customer Support Representative in Alpharetta GA
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- SI Assembler II in Nashua NH
- Service Delivery Manager in Minneapolis MN
- Post SMT Assembler in Westford MA
- Mechanical Assembler - 2nd Shift in Ashland MA
- Mechanical -Manufacturing Engineer in Woburn MA
- Lead Packaging Technician in Sutton MA
- Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Mechanical Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Account Manager MA in Marlborough MA
- Regional Account Executive MA in Marlborough MA
- Senior Recruiter MA in Marlborough MA
- Recruiter MA in Marlborough MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- Recruiter MN in Minneapolis MN
- Recruiter GA in Suwanee GA
- Recruiter NJ in Vineland NJ
- Recruiter NH in Nashua NH
- Senior Recruiter MN in Minneapolis MN
- Order Picker in Brooklyn Park MN
- Senior Recruiter GA in Suwanee GA
- Senior Recruiter NJ in Vineland NJ
- Senior Recruiter NH in Nashua NH
- Materials and Production Planner in Tucker GA
- Regional Account Executive MN in Minneapolis MN
- Regional Account Executive GA in Suwanee GA
- Regional Account Executive NJ in Vineland NJ
- Regional Account Executive NH in Nashua NH
- Account Manager MN in Minneapolis MN
- Account Manager GA in Suwanee GA
- Account Manager NJ in Vineland NJ
- Account Manager NH in Nashua NH
- Instrument Assembler II in Eden Prairie MN
- Program Manager MA in Marlborough MA
- Program Manager Suwanee GA in Suwanee GA
- Program Manager NH in Nashua NH
- Panel Builder in Duluth GA
- Sales Administrative Assistant in Lawrenceville GA
- NDT Level II Inspector in Central Manchester CT
- Logistics Coordinator-Analyst in West Harrison NY
- Datron Operator in Lawrenceville GA
- Drafter in Pendergrass GA
- Machine Operator in Lawrenceville GA