Industrial Engineer II
Industrial Engineer II
The DAVIS Companies is supporting a global leader in the medical device industry by securing an Industrial Engineer II to join their team.
Industrial Engineer II will be responsible for planning, designing, and controlling production. The Industrial Engineer will create efficient systems that integrate people, information, equipment and materials energy to make products or provide services. The industrial engineer will find ways to reduce waste and variation in production processes using lean manufacturing, six sigma, and traditional industrial engineering methods.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities of Industrial Engineer
- Lead the shop floor improvement efforts for the facility.
- Respect the work being performed by the operators. Understand that our business makes money through their efforts. Our job is to support them and give them what they need to be successful.
- Ensure an efficient factory layout with minimal material flow distances traveled. Understand Muther’s SLP method and consider non-flow relationships within the production, warehouse, and office layouts. AutoCAD software experience required. Flow Planner material flow analysis software preferred.
- Improve workplace organization using 6S. Reduce wasted time walking, waiting, and searching. Reduce the opportunity for paperwork and product quality errors.
- Support the creation of standard work instructions and a visual workplace.
- Perform process mapping as necessary to identify/eliminate wasted time and resources.
- Create time standards using time studies. Experience with time study software like ProTime Estimation or TimerPro preferred.
- Support the data acquisition and requirements planning for the implementation of SAP and MES systems. Once implemented, monitor the SAP and Manufacturing Execution System configurations and ensure compliance with the standardized system configurations.
- Improve communication & information flow throughout the organization.
- Lead kaizen events to solve critical production performance issues.
- Gather and analyze performance metrics. Help the management team improve site metrics. Lead and drive improvement.
- Perform capacity analysis as needed, and support cost analyses for new product introductions.
- Reduce variation within manufacturing as needed using the DMAIC methodology.
- Manage projects and achieve on time and on budget performance.
- Create presentations for management and customers.
- Ensure the standardization of processes throughout the site in accordance with the global, regional and site direction.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policies.
Education & Experience Requirements
- BS degree in Industrial Engineering
- MS in Industrial Engineering or MBA preferred
- Lean Manufacturing Certificate and Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- At least 3-5 years of working experience in the Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Medical device manufacturing experience preferred.