Industrial Engineer II
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Industrial Engineer II
Title:Industrial Engineer II
The DAVIS Companies is supporting a global leader in the medical device industry by securing an Industrial Engineer II to join their team.
Industrial Engineer II will be responsible for planning, designing, and controlling production. The Industrial Engineer will create efficient systems that integrate people, information, equipment and materials energy to make products or provide services. The industrial engineer will find ways to reduce waste and variation in production processes using lean manufacturing, six sigma, and traditional industrial engineering methods.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities of Industrial Engineer
- Lead the shop floor improvement efforts for the facility.
- Respect the work being performed by the operators. Understand that our business makes money through their efforts. Our job is to support them and give them what they need to be successful.
- Ensure an efficient factory layout with minimal material flow distances traveled. Understand Muther’s SLP method and consider non-flow relationships within the production, warehouse, and office layouts. AutoCAD software experience required. Flow Planner material flow analysis software preferred.
- Improve workplace organization using 6S. Reduce wasted time walking, waiting, and searching. Reduce the opportunity for paperwork and product quality errors.
- Support the creation of standard work instructions and a visual workplace.
- Perform process mapping as necessary to identify/eliminate wasted time and resources.
- Create time standards using time studies. Experience with time study software like ProTime Estimation or TimerPro preferred.
- Support the data acquisition and requirements planning for the implementation of SAP and MES systems. Once implemented, monitor the SAP and Manufacturing Execution System configurations and ensure compliance with the standardized system configurations.
- Improve communication & information flow throughout the organization.
- Lead kaizen events to solve critical production performance issues.
- Gather and analyze performance metrics. Help the management team improve site metrics. Lead and drive improvement.
- Perform capacity analysis as needed, and support cost analyses for new product introductions.
- Reduce variation within manufacturing as needed using the DMAIC methodology.
- Manage projects and achieve on time and on budget performance.
- Create presentations for management and customers.
- Ensure the standardization of processes throughout the site in accordance with the global, regional and site direction.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policies.
Education & Experience Requirements
- BS degree in Industrial Engineering
- MS in Industrial Engineering or MBA preferred
- Lean Manufacturing Certificate and Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- At least 3-5 years of working experience in the Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Medical device manufacturing experience preferred.
- Laboratory Assistant in Norwood MA
- Buyer-Planner in Auburn MA
- Accounting Clerk in Hudson MA
- Wiring Technician in Duluth GA
- Sr Manufacturing Process Engineer in Central Manchester CT
- Marketing Communications Specialist in Milford MA
- Customer Analyst in Central Manchester CT
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Inside Service Sales Representative in Norcross GA
- Assembly - Test Technician in Sterling MA
- Operations Manager in Memphis TN
- Staff Mechanical Engineer III in Alpharetta GA
- Equipment Operator in Jefferson GA
- 1st Shift Shipping Clerk in Manchester NH
- Respool Operator in Manchester NH
- Forklift Operator in Buford GA
- Electronics Test Tech in Suwanee GA
- Maintenance Mechanics in Providence RI
- Assembly Technician in Hollis NH
- Senior Quality Compliance Specialist in Cordova TN
- Materials Handling Supervisor in Flowery Branch GA
- Senior Program Manager in Marlborough MA
- Drafter - Drawing Review in Southbridge MA
- Data Entry Clerk in Memphis TN
- Manufacturing Supervisor in Marlborough MA
- Manufacturing Technician in Norwood MA
- Assembly-Calibration Tech in Woburn MA
- Material Handler in Lindon UT
- Supplier Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Quality Control Clerk in Duluth GA
- Material Handler (1st Shift) in Franklin MA
- Corporate Buyer in Memphis TN
- Sr. Software Engineer in Norwood MA
- Junior Buyer in Franklin MA
- Quality Inspector in Marlborough MA
- Change Manager in Milford MA
- UG Design -Drafter in Central Manchester CT
- CNC Machinists in Santa Fe Springs CA
- NDT Level III Inspector in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Assembly Technician in Natick MA
- Finisher in Memphis TN
- Electronics Test Technician in Norcross GA
- RMA Coordinator in Lawrenceville GA
- Quality Control Clerk in Suwanee GA
- Customer Service Rep in Suwanee GA
- Synthesis Operator in Taunton MA
- Quality Tech I in Memphis TN
- Customer Service Representative in Lynn MA
- Sample Coordinator in Lynn MA
- Metallurgical Engineer in Central Manchester CT
- Material Handler, Kitting 1st Shift in Buford GA
- QC Specialist in Natick MA
- Production Control Administrator in Waltham MA
- Manufacturing Technician in Ayer MA
- Lab Support Personnel in Norwood MA
- Field Service Admin in Methuen MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Lawrenceville GA
- Maintenance Supervisor (1st Shift) in Metro West MA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- Service Manager in Danvers MA
- Customer Service Representative in andover MA
- 3rd Shift Router Machinist in Gainesville GA
- AEI - Director of Engineering in Wilmington MA
- Data Entry in Memphis TN
- Material Handler in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Inspector in Shrewsbury MA
- EM Assembler in Leominster MA
- Welder in Peabody MA
- Order Entry Specialist in Ashland MA
- Assembler Technician 2nd Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Soldering Technician 2nd Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Control Inspector in Methuen MA
- Finishing Technician in Needham Heights MA
- CAD Designer in Charlton MA
- Technical Service Administrator in Milford MA
- Operations-Production Engineer in Lawrenceville GA
- Production Planner in Gainesville GA
- Customer Service Representative in Gainesville GA
- Civil Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- 1st Shift CNC Machinist-Programmer in Gainesville GA
- Engineering Technician in Lexington MA
- Design Engineer in Aiken SC
- MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN in Bridgeport NJ
- CNC Programmer in Vineland NJ
- Design Engineer in Grenada MS
- Mechanical Designer in Memphis TN
- Quality Inspector - Technician in Fridley MN
- Principal Regulatory Affairs Specialist in Eden Prairie MN
- Mechanical Engineer in Newnan GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Business Process Integration Analyst in King of Prussia PA
- Quality Engineer in
- Engineer-Drafter in Pendergrass GA
- Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Distribution Associate in Suwanee GA
- Demand Planner in Hayward CA
- Supply Chain Agent in Bridgeport NJ
- Category Manager in Bridgeport NJ