We are currently seeking an Industrial Engineer for our client in Loganville, GA. The Industrial engineer is responsible for discovering ways to eliminate wastefulness in production processes and formulate efficient systems that integrate workers, machines, materials, information, and energy to make product.
- Responsible for collecting and reviewing production data from production/distribution cells to ensure implemented process improvements are sustained
- Documentation of manufacturing work processes and writing operator instructions
- Identify and support production quality processes and procedures to increase production throughput and eliminate impact to the customer
- Participate, lead and facilitate kaizen events to improve internal LEAN manufacturing (ABS) processes to increase production's efficiency and quality
- Train production operators on lean principles and manufacturing processes to increase production's efficiency and quality
- Solve manufacturing issues through the use of Six Sigma and Lean Methodologies utilizing the DMAIC process, DOE, FMEA, Process Mapping, etc.
- Work with Cross-Functional teams in the planning and designing of new products. To ensure new products are designed for manufacturability
- Research and review industry trends and technological advancements for products and processes.
- Support and /or lead development of specifications for manufacturing solutions, processes or equipment.
- Provide manufacturing technical expertise and input to review new product program opportunities to help evaluate feasibility.
- Assist and support continuous improvement events such as Team Feasibility and Lean Manufacturing Tool Workshops for new business development and current production
- Utilize documented best practices and lessons learned to ensure common approach to trouble shooting process problems and solving machinery issues
- Continue education as required to research & understand industry advances that can improve product
- Examining equipment, processes and operations, then making improvements through the definition, development, documentation, training and implementation of the process.
- 1-4 years of experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering.
- Experience in foundational Knowledge of Lean Principles.
- Lean Manufacturing and demonstrated ability in continuous improvement
- Knowledge of engineering concepts and principles
- Design for Manufacturability, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Design/Process Control Methods
- Proficient Computer and Analytical Skills