Description: Our client in the Pendergrass GA area is looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician. The purpose of this position is to perform the various skilled tasks in reliability and repair maintenance of manufacturing equipment, etc.
This position pays from $20.65 - $24.94 an hour based on experience and is night shift.
- Follows all safety regulation and basic rules and regulations per company policy.
- Interact with use of the CMMS (ER Portal) to open, perform and complete work orders issued by the Group leader or Planner Scheduler.
- Ability to obtain and maintain forklift license.
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, and practices necessary to repair and maintain the equipment.
- Able to troubleshoot equipment and make proper repairs and adjustments when necessary.
- Able to lead a group of people to accomplish a specific task.
- Willing to be on-call for emergency repairs and to provide assistance on PM days.
- Able to comply with the “working conditions” in section IV.
- Must be able to read hydraulic schematics, troubleshoot hydraulic problems, and repair hydraulic valves, cylinders, and pumps.
- Must be able to read pneumatic diagrams, troubleshoot problems, and repair pneumatic valves, cylinders, and pumps/compressors.
- Perform skilled maintenance activities including welding, brazing, soldering, and the use of a torch.
- Able to read pencil sketches and simple diagrams.
- Able to install motors, gearboxes, pumps, and other such equipment.
- Able to install chains, sprockets, gears, pulleys, and belts with proper alignment tools.Responds to calls from the production departments and communicates with group leader /supervisor as to what the call is for.
- Clean up after work performed and general housekeeping of the shop area.
- Must be able to work for extended hours (16hrs) when necessary.
- Complete any other task assigned by maintenance group leader.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Preferred 5 years experience as an industrial/Maintenance Technician
- Must be able to sit, crawl, stand, walk, bend, stoop, twist, reach, crouch, kneel and climb frequently
- Must be able to lift and carry 10-50 lbs. frequently and over 50 lbs. occasionally (25% or less).
- Must be able to push and pull 10-50 lbs. frequently (25% to 75%), and over 50 lbs. occasionally (25% or less).
- Must be open to a rotating shift