Maintenance Technician: (Direct Hire - 1st Shift)
Growing manufacturing organization seeking to add a Maintenance Technician to their Wichita, KS plant. This person will need to have a solid mechanical background, but will also need some experience with PLCs. (getting machines back up and running by modifying and debugging code) This position could be hourly or salaried. Rate will depend on the candidate’s PLC programming ability. This is a day shift role (approx. 48/hr weeks - 12 hours M-Thursday and 1/2 days on Friday) This person will also need to be on call for night shift emergencies. This is a direct hire role with full benefits, including company paid health coverage, along with PTO, holidays, 401k etc...
Maintenance Technicians are assigned to all production buildings. It is their responsibility to keep equipment in good working order.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot problems with machinery.
- Perform PLC programming and troubleshooting on production equipment.
- Repairs equipment and Responds to equipment breakdowns in a timely manner.
- Maintains machinery in the building by performing routine preventive maintenance (PM) as required in the PM procedure documents. Ensures that machinery is clean and in good working order. Refer to work instruction for more details.
- Maintains necessary equipment and parts; keeps equipment in good working order on a proactive basis.
- PLC and Electrical Troubleshooting / debugging / modifications.
- 3+ years experience in a Mechanical, Electrical, Controls, or Maintenance Tech role
- PLC programming & Electrical trouble-shooting experience - Allen Bradley predominantly
- Solid mechanical repair and preventative maintenance experience - Understand the mechanics of all production equipment within their assigned building. This includes, but is not limited to the following: Extruders, Feeders, Blenders, HVAC, hydraulics etc.