Manager of Continuous Improvement
We are currently hiring for a Direct-Hire Manager of Continuous Improvement to join our local manufacturing company in Marlborough, MA.
Salary: $100k - $115k DOE
The Manager of Continuous Improvement will work to drive operational improvements throughout the entire facility and supply chain. This role will identify and lead initiatives that will result in step change improvements to both throughput and costs. Additionally, this role will be focused on eliminating waste in both administrative and manufacturing processes. This is a shop floor-oriented role for someone willing and eager to dive in and get immersed in the operation.
Responsibilities of the Manager of Continuous Improvement:
- Deploy lean manufacturing techniques to drive waste out of all areas of the facility.
- Create Value Stream maps for key administrative processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Perform capacity analysis where necessary and assist in building plans for future growth.
- Drive the implementation and maintenance of a component and sub-assembly Kanban system.
- Develop solid preventive maintenance plans working with Plant Maintenance Manager to ensure maximum Overall Equipment Effectiveness is being achieved.
- Develop and implement an effective product quality monitoring system along with the metrics to track success.
- Partner with the Materials Manager to identify opportunities for cost reduction.
- Identify and correct master data issues within the ERP system including BOM’s and routers.
- Perform time studies to ensure run times in the system are correct for items and work centers.
- Lead the process and costing development for all new products being investigated by the Marketing team.
Requirements for the Manager of Continuous Improvement:
- BSIE, BSME or BSCE degree required.
- MSIE or MBA preferred
- Previous experience with ERP and master data
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Capacity simulation
- Kanban implementation
- Experience identifying and developing plans for cost reduction
- High energy results driven self-starter with ability to work independently. Strong analytical, creative, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organization, communication, and project management skills.
- Computer literacy in Excel, Word & PowerPoint, ERP and/or independent forecasting systems
- An individual with obvious personal integrity who will inspire trust within the organization.
- Team-player. The ideal candidate will possess strong ethics and convictions, honesty and display a sense of caring for the company and its entire staff.
- Employment is subject to passing a Background check and Drug screening
A recognized leader in the staffing industry for the past 30 years, DAVIS Companies partners with top employers both locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. Being a ClearyRated, Best of Staffing Award recipient 7 years in a row for exceptional client and talent service means we make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. With offices in Marlborough, MA, Manchester, NH, Suwanee, GA, Minneapolis, MN, Vineland, NJ and Memphis, TN, we put great people to work at great companies.