Manufacturing Engineer- Fiber Tech
Manufacturing Engineer- Fiber Tech
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer II (Process/Fiber Tech) to join our client in Charlton, Ma on a direct hire basis.
The Manufacturing Engineer provides technical engineering support to the manufacturing operation to ensure well designed and profitable parts are produced to meet customer and company expectations for specifications, costs, yields, quality and delivery, applying sound engineering principles and proven statistical methods.
- Provide Operations Engineering Support for the Product Lines:
- Develop, improve, and implement robust production/processing methods and business processes that positively impact cost, quality and safety objectives
- Apply proven statistical methods to data analysis and experimental design
- Support the development of innovative processes and technologies, including new material/product introduction and product/process transfer to regular production
- Determine and define manufacturing processes for custom materials/parts
- Troubleshoot and resolve short and long-term manufacturing problems that impede quality or cost effectiveness
- Manage projects, including generation of proposals, planning and execution of projects, and submittal of project reports
- Manage capital projects and provide technical support for the specification, design, purchase, installation, and commissioning of new equipment, and tooling
- Evaluate, implement, document, program and support automated inspection systems and equipment
- Work with Quality Assurance to monitor yields and implement continuous improvement programs, and assist QA to establish and review Quality Specifications
- Communicate with and understand customer needs and specifications, as well as capabilities
- Design, build and implement fixtures to support manufacturing processes and equipment
- Ensure all process documentation is in place including: routers, work instructions, process/equipment checklists, troubleshooting guides, and preventive maintenance requirements
- Participate as needed in the resolution of customer problems and issues
- Perform other similar duties as required by responsibility or necessity or as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Ceramics or other related engineering field required.
- A minimum of 2 years of proven engineering experience (or equivalent) preferred in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in equipment automation/programming a plus
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work “hands-on” with production team members in designing, developing and implementing new products/processes.
- Proficiency with setting up and running process experiments, ability to interpret results, and apply those results to improving products and manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment, meeting deadlines on time and under pressure.
- Demonstrated history of thriving in a dynamic, results driven work environment
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Proven team player with excellent people skills, ability to motivate and work as part of a team.
- Strong passion for detail, excellent process/project management skills, and problem-solving skills.
- A Lean/Six Sigma background is preferred.
- Background in Glass/Ceramics preferred.
- Meeting the physical, mental and behavioral expectations of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential