Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer (Controls/Process) to join our client in Charlton, Ma on a direct hire basis.
The Manufacturing Engineer provides technical engineering support to the manufacturing operation to ensure well designed and profitable parts are produced to meet customer and company expectations for specifications, costs, yields, quality and delivery, applying sound engineering principles and proven statistical methods.
- Provide Operations Engineering Support for Fiber Technology:
- Provide technical engineering support to manufacturing, including process development, improvement, optimization, troubleshooting and yield improvement for the drawing, assembly and material processing of glass fiberoptic materials.
- Provide hands-on engineering expertise and support for the manufacturing processes, including the design, evaluation and modification of electro-mechanical systems and equipment.
- Develop, improve, and implement robust production/processing methods and business processes that positively impact cost, quality and safety objectives
- Apply proven statistical methods to data analysis and experimental design
- Support the development of innovative processes and technologies, including new material/product introduction and product/process transfer to regular production
- Determine and define manufacturing processes for custom materials/parts
- Troubleshoot and resolve short and long-term manufacturing problems that impede quality or cost effectiveness
- Manage projects, including generation of proposals, planning and execution of projects, and submittal of project reports
- Manage capital projects and provide technical support for the specification, design, purchase, installation, and commissioning of new equipment, and tooling
- Evaluate, implement, document, program and support automated inspection systems and equipment
- Work with Quality Assurance to monitor yields and implement continuous improvement programs, and assist QA to establish and review Quality Specifications
- Communicate with and understand customer needs and specifications, as well as capabilities
- Design, build and implement fixtures to support manufacturing processes and equipment
- Ensure all process documentation is in place including: routers, work instructions, process/equipment checklists, troubleshooting guides, and preventive maintenance requirements
- Participate as needed in the resolution of customer problems and issues
- Perform other similar duties as required by responsibility or necessity or as requested by management.
- BS in Mechanical, Manufacturing or other related engineering field required.
- Minimum 5 years of proven engineering experience, with emphasis on process and equipment design, development and documentation in a manufacturing environment.
- Electro/mechanical/controls/software background required.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work “hands-on” with production team members in designing, developing and implementing new products/processes.
- Proficiency with setting up and running process experiments, ability to interpret results, and apply those results to improving products and manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment, meeting deadlines on time and under pressure.
- Demonstrated history of thriving in a dynamic, results driven work environment
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Proven team player with excellent people skills, ability to motivate and work as part of a team.
- Strong passion for detail, excellent process/project management skills, excellent team facilitation skills and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated history of thriving in a dynamic, results driven work environment
- A Lean/Six Sigma background is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability for critical thinking
- Glass/Ceramic/Materials engineering and/or fiberoptics manufacturing background preferred.
- COMPETENCIES: Results Driven, Solution Focus, Customer Focus, Team Building, Curious and Innovative, Influence and Communication, Strategic Thinking & Vision, Leadership
- Meeting the physical, mental and behavioral expectations of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this job.
Behavioral & Productivity Requirements
The ability to maintain a certain code of conduct and level of productivity are essential functions of all Company positions.
This position requires that the employee, with or without reasonable accommodation, be able to:
- exhibit a positive and professional attitude towards work and to abide by all behavioral expectations and policies as set forth by management;
- demonstrate and maintain professional, courteous, cooperative and productive work relationships with all employees and external contacts, treating all with respect and consideration in alignment with the Company’s values;
- meet both the quantitative and qualitative productivity standards within the required timeline for the job.
- EM Assembler in Waltham MA
- Account Manager in Franklin MA
- Stockroom- 2nd Shift in Gainesville GA
- 2nd Shift Welding Lead-Supervisor in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Compliance Specialist in Cordova TN
- Sr. Account Executive GA in Suwanee GA
- Plant Cost Controller in Hudson MA
- EM Assembler in Walpole MA
- Continuous Improvement Leader in Newnan GA
- EM Tech, 2nd shift in Danvers MA
- TIG Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Millville NJ
- 3rd Shift Router Machinist in Gainesville GA
- Mechanical Engineer II in MA
- Director of Operations in Suwanee GA
- Purchasing & Quoting Analyst in Central Manchester CT
- Mfg Process Engineer in Central Manchester CT
- Production control Clerk in Central Manchester CT
- Maintenance Mechanic in Swedesboro NJ
- CNC Programmer in Kennesaw GA
- Manual Machinist in Kennesaw GA
- Machine Operator - 3rd Shift in Newton MA
- Personal Assistant in Needham Heights MA
- MIG Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Machine Shop Team Lead in Flowery Branch GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- Client Services Advisor in Alpharetta GA
- Buyer in Duluth GA
- CNC Machinist-Operator - 2nd Shift in Kennesaw GA
- CNC Machinist-Operator in Kennesaw GA
- Document Control Specialist in Wayland MA
- Principal Electro-Optical Tech in Eagleville PA
- Mechanic in Denver CO
- E&I Technician - 3rd shift 11p-7a in South Brunswick NJ
- Accounts Payable Clerk in Flowery Branch GA
- Purchasing Associate in Flowery Branch GA
- Design Engineer in Newnan GA
- Robotics Engineer in Memphis TN
- Optical Coatings Technician in Nashua NH
- Chief inspector 2nd shift in Rochester NH
- Receptionist in burlington MA
- Electronic Assembler in Vineland NJ
- Finishing Technician in Needham Heights MA
- Customer Service Representative in Cottage Grove MN
- Director of Engineering in New Hudson MI
- Packaging Assembler in Plymouth MA
- CAD Drafter in Dahlonega GA
- Project Manager in Suwanee GA
- Packager II in Memphis TN
- Grind Operator - Assembler in Lebanon NH
- Electronic Assembly Support in Alpharetta GA
- Roller, In-process Inspector in Lebanon NH
- Ring Finishing Cell Technician 2nd and 3rd shift in Lebanon NH
- Sr Controls Engineer in MA
- Screen Print Operator in Norwood MA
- Inspection Specialist in Worcester MA
- CNC Machinist-Programmer in Duluth GA
- Machine Operator - 2nd Shift in Newton MA
- Systems Engineer in Bedford MA
- Shop Technician (Mechanical) in Suwanee GA
- Manufacturing Technician in Hopkinton MA
- Material Handler in Westford MA
- Quality Engineer in Cambridge MA
- Rework Operator (Hand solderer) in Angleton TX
- Clickshare Tech Support in Duluth GA
- Optical Coatings Engineer in Nashua NH
- Project Manager in Alpharetta GA
- Customer Accounts Specialist in Marlborough MA
- Civil Engineer II in Alpharetta GA
- Maintenance Manager in Highland Heights OH
- Documentation Specialist in Warwick RI
- SMT Operator III in Westboro MA
- Accounting Assistant in Worcester MA
- Field Service Engineer in North Billerica MA
- Incoming inspector in Austin TX
- Inventory Clerk in Waltham MA
- Optical Design Engineer in Keene NH
- Senior Oracle Apps DBA in Lowell MA
- Cloud Software Engineer Intern in Milford MA
- Administrative Assistant in Southborough MA
- CNC Manufacturing Engineer in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Quality Inspector - Final Acceptance Inspector in Branford CT
- Optics Engineer in Bedford MA
- Quality Inspector in Suwanee GA
- EM Assembler II (direct) in Westborough MA
- Manufacturing Technician (EM Assembler) in Marlborough MA
- QC Inspector in Marlborough MA
- T&E Financial Analyst in Milford MA
- Production Manager 2nd shift in Billerica MA
- Executive Assistant in Littleton MA
- Maintenance Parts Clerk in Vineland NJ
- Principal Mechanical Engineer in IL
- Press Brake Operator in Suwanee GA
- Senior Manager of Quality in Waltham MA
- Continuous Improvement Manager in Atlanta GA
- Continuous Improvement Engineer in Newnan GA
- Technical Recruiter - NJ in Vineland NJ
- Quality Assurance Inspector II in Memphis TN
- Receptionist in Littleton MA
- W2 Print Production Specialist in Louisville KY