We are currently seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer in the Atlanta, GA area for a Tier 1 and Tier 2 automotive manufacturing company.
- Leading the activities of the process improvement team.
- Developing part processes, coordinate purchase and installation of equipment, optimizing operations.
- Responsible for CI, FMEA, work instructions, packaging instructions and PPAP submission.
- Coordinating key parties to implement projects.
- Consulting product specification books to identify the capacities, dimensions and prices of particular pieces of equipment.
- Coordinating the development and implementation of process improvements that affect plant layout, safety, morale, quality, cost and delivery.
- Identifying opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Providing technical expertise or support related to manufacturing
- Incorporating new methods and processes to improve existing operations
- Must have at least 5 – 8 years of experience working in an automotive manufacturing environment
- Education: Mechanical Engineering Technologist/Technician
- Working knowledge of ISO-TS16949 and ISO 14001
- Have a good background in weld and welding fixture focus
- Candidate should be familiar with lean manufacturing principles, engineering principle applications, drawing GD&T, quality systems, automotive mechanical/industrial engineering concepts, metal forming, MIG resistance welding and blueprint reading (including GDT)
- Must have excellent leadership, organization, computer (spreadsheets, word processing, various databases) skills.
- Must have experience using Auto CAD/CAM, Solidworks, statistical analysis software, Microsoft Office