This is a great opportunity to join an innovative company as a Manufacturing Engineer for the Incoming Inspection Dept. This is a permanent opportunity in Ball Ground, Ga. Provide technical resources to define, support and improve established processes and procedures in order to increase plant efficiencies and to achieve safety, quality and production goals.
Salary Range: $80-100K/year
- Plan, organize and implement systems and procedures for aiding manufacturing while adhering to and promoting safety and quality guidelines.
- Troubleshoot production assembly and component issues; both mechanical and electronic components.
- Personally, conduct and/or supervise studies to determine root cause, effect, and corrective measures required to remedy deviations impairing desirable standards of quality.
- Monitor production processes and work with Production personnel to create standard work procedures, enhance flow, and implement Lean concepts throughout the plant including 5S, Visual Work, Kanban, etc.
- Implement and manage a training program that ensures all Production employees understand the technical components of quality Chart products.
- Identify product assembly issues and work with production, engineering and maintenance to resolve issues and to improve product consistency and eliminate variance.
- Work closely with value stream team members to identify and eliminate waste activities.
- Team with the Design Engineering group to ensure that all aspects of new product introduction and changes to existing products are properly communicated to production personnel. Communicate the ECR/TDD changes to production.
- Interface with various departments in coordinating technical information relating to specific projects.
- Interface with various departments in defining and providing solutions to detected manufacturing processes causing quality problems.
- Understanding of MIG/TIG/Laser/Plasma welding practices.
- Capable of making recommendations on Capital equipment improvements.
- Project Management of Capital equipment projects.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Observe and practice safety procedures and policies.
- Must have a working knowledge of electromechanical components such as solenoid valves, PCBs, and compressors as well as be able to troubleshoot assemblies of electromechanical systems.
- Must possess a working knowledge of computers, including MS Word, Excel, AutoCAD or Solidworks.
- Understanding of factory metrics, Lean (Operational Excellence) and Six Sigma.
- Knowledge and understanding of company safety procedures and policies.
- Awareness and understanding of Company quality standards, capital equipment, procurement, FMEA, APQP.
- ISO 9001 knowledge and experience preferred.
- BS degree in Engineering- Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Industrial plus 5 or more years’ experience or 10 plus years in related field