We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer in the Atlanta, GA area.
- Review and interpret drawings, job specifications and customer documentation to ensure proper product design that will satisfy project and/or contractual requirements.
- Perform all necessary engineering calculations to verify validity and safety of product designs.
- Develop, maintain and enhance product estimating and design software/spreadsheets.
- Prepare bills of material and shop drawings required for manufacturing.
- Process manufacturing work orders and prepare production documentation using custom design spreadsheet programs and the Visual Mfg. ERP system.
- Provide technical product assistance when required. Support project coordination/engineered products/sales departments through preparation of documentation such as product specific engineering submittal drawings and restraint ring weld data sheets.
- Produce and maintain product and part drawings using drawing design software.
- Participate in and/or lead the lean manufacturing, 5S and facilities excellence programs/initiatives as required and assigned.
- Learn operation and programming of automated/robotic equipment; develop and maintain programs and/or operating files required for their use.
- Aid in the optimization of equipment utilization and work flow with emphasis on efficiency improvements in the manufacturing processes.
- Develop reports by pulling data from databases using programs like QlikView.
- B.S. degree in civil, mechanical or industrial engineering.
- Familiarity with basic engineering principles and strong mathematical ability; solid understanding of geometry and trigonometry is required.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite is required. Working knowledge in computer aided design/drawing software such as SolidWorks and/or CorelDraw would be beneficial but AutoCAD is a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and analytical.
- Quick learner and self-motivated; possess ability to promptly accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with AWWA specifications and ASTM standards as relevant to the piping and coupling industry would be beneficial.
- Should possess a general knowledge of steel fabrication techniques and properties of materials.
- Familiarity with automation and robotic programming would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with database management would be beneficial.