We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer in the northeast Atlanta, GA area. The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for designing, integrating, and improving manufacturing systems or related processes.
- Responsible for designing manufacturing process to produce customer parts according to the customer's design and intent; includes programming production equipment, design changes, and helping troubleshoot problems on the production floor
- Responsible for completing estimations, quotes, and project plans to include time estimates, material costs, and any other considerations relevant to manufacturing
- Receive and evaluate customer design information and consult with the customer on product design for DFM and improvements
- Building accurate CAD models in accordance with customer design
- Developing tooling for projects such as jigs, fixtures, and other special tools.
- Create, update, and maintain production documentation such as CAD models, part drawings, BOMs, work instructions, test methods, etc.
- 3+ years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Preferred that candidates have experience in sheet metal or machining
- Proficiency in CAD/CAM software. Solidworks and MasterCAM or TruTops preferred.
- Ability to read design prints, understanding of GD&T, and experience with inspection equipment and gages.