We are currently partnering with a large manufacturing company in Newnan, GA in their search for a Manufacturing Engineer. Responsible for all aspects of manufacturing engineering techniques & methods in an assigned area or projects with minimal supervision. Provides support to manufacturing for quality improvement & new product launch & will have inspectors directly reporting under his/her supervision. Interfaces with Production Control / Strategy, Product Design, Purchasing, Operations & Manufacturing Engineering Div members as well as executive members.
- Tooling and Fixture design
- Designs and develops new processes to include process control plans, PFMEA's , work instructions, and visual aids.
- Provides shop floor support and Kaizen improvements for processes in assigned area.
- Update / maintain process specs, line locations, process instructions to include new model and current production.
- Reduce losses using theoretical production techniques.
- Proficient use of problem solving techniques, able to lead activities, capable of initiating and reviewing corrective action for problem resolution.
- Issues NCM notification to SQE / ASQE functions.
- BSME (or some other Engineering Discipline) and 3-5 years of experience in engineering role in a manufacturing environment or high school diploma or equivalent and 8-10 years of experience in an engineering role.
- Demonstrated application of engineering skills and problem solving techniques.
- Knowledge of poke yoke, kaizen, lean concepts