- Responsible for reviewing product designs for manufacturability including tolerances, quality requirements, cost and other issues affecting manufacturability.
- Responsible for creation of manufacturing process routings, manufacturing sketches, machine shop tooling and setup sheets, CNC programs, cost estimates and tooling designs.
- Programs and assists in the set-up of CNC machines, resolves start-up problems, and optimizes feeds and speeds to achieve minimum run time consistent with acceptable quality and adequate tool life.
- Works hands-on with a wide variety of machine tools: engine lathes, milling machines, grinders, CNC lathes, CNC machining centers, etc.
- Works with other manufacturing engineers, design engineers, quality control personnel, sales personnel, team leaders, and machine operators to maximize shop-floor productivity.
- Investigates new machine tools, manufacturing methods, cutting tools, tool holding and work holding devices in a continuous effort to improve manufacturing productivity and quality.
- Performs root-cause analysis and corrective action of quality discrepancies.
Education and Experience:
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ Years in a Manufacturing environment
- Technical or vocational school background is helpful
- MRP or ERP experience desired
- CAD / CAM experience and familiarity with drawing / design / dimensioning standards.
- Working knowledge of general machine shop and measuring practices.