Electrical Manufacturing Engineer - Billerica, MA
We are currently seeking an Electrical Manufacturing Engineer. This role will be improving existing production lines focusing on continuous safety, quality, and throughput improvements throughout the product’s value stream.
- Optimize production quality and throughput by establishing and maintaining the following tools: Value Stream Map, PFMEA, Control Plan, Cell Layout, SOPs – build and test, and performance metrics on existing products and Lean Manufacturing.
- Lead the resolution of daily production, test, and field assembly related incidents and act as the technical liaison between design, assembly, test, and supply chain.
- Work with the product engineers to integrate DFM/DFA tools to the product designs. Provide expertise in the use of both low and high volume manufacturing techniques and their implementation into designs.
- Create and/or verify data between and within data management systems (GP, Agile, etc) and ensure scope of ECO / MCO (Manufacturing Change Order) is correctly executed.
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering or equivalent and relevant experience
Previous Work Experience
- 3 - 6 years of relevant industry experience
Special Skills, Experience and Abilities
- Experience with PLC development
- Experience with equipment test/implementation
- Experience with schematic capture and circuit board design
- Experience in 8D, 6 Sigma, or other standard problem solving methodologies
- Strong understanding of manufacturing documentation and ISO 9000 requirements
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, AutoCAD, Solid Works, and Visio
- Proficient in configuration management and product structures/BOM
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with multiple and changing priorities
- Ability to work and communicate effectively across all levels of the company
- SAP experience a plus
Physical requirements/Work environment
- 75% Shop-floor and laboratory work environment, 25% office environment
- Ability to lift components weighing up to 35 lbs. is required.
- May be required to sit or stand for prolonged periods, as needed