Manufacturing Engineer - Marlborough, MA
Our client produces complex automated machines for customers in a variety of industries. The systems are typically customized to order for a specific customer application. The Manufacturing Engineer will be the manufacturing floor engineering resource and technical crossing point to the design engineering group for the product.
As the Manufacturing Engineer you will:
- Develop, approve, and review work instructions and documentation to support standardized work in the production area.
- Organize workflow to minimize waste and contain total costs of assembly.
- Assist in the training of production and quality assurance associates.
- Act a liaison between production and engineering to feedback design problems and resolve them for future builds using the ECO system.
- Develop tooling to improve production process yield and reduce process variation.
- Review new product models and documentation for completeness and effective implementation of subassemblies to streamline manufacturing efforts.
- Assist purchasing in the evaluation of alternate sources for components and makes recommendations to design engineering.
- Participate in new vendor qualifications to improve supplier performance.
- Develop and execute experiments to test new components and processes before use in products.
- Initiate process control improvements to support cost reduction and on time delivery directives.
- BS degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work independently
- Effective communication skills
- Experience with CAD software (Solidworks) and Electrical design software
- Understanding of manufacturing methods used in complex machine assembly
- Experience in manufacturing to ISO9000 standards
- Training in Lean manufacturing techniques
- Computer literacy – competence with MS Office modules and SolidWorks