We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our client in Sterling, Ma.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be part of the engineering team and to conduct work cell design activities, including assembler training, expanding tooling designs in support of the product manufacture, and maintaining & updating manufacturing documentation protocols.
Essential functions of the position include but are not limited to:
- Review specifications to determine equipment and tooling requirements.
- Troubleshoot and solve manufacturing problems as they arise in work cells.
- Work collaboratively with and train production personnel & work cell team leaders in the manufacture of fiber optic cables & sub-assemblies from documented processes and procedures.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Work closely with design engineering and QA to insure designs and protocols are updated to maintain compliance with ISO Standards
- Create 3D models using Solid Works.
- Create detailed drawings.
- Create assembly drawings of tooling and equipment.
- Generate parts list of manufactured and purchased parts.
- Assist Quality and Production departments in improvements related to manufactured product and manufacturing processes.
- Lead cross functional team to conduct line audits to verify processes are accurately written and followed by production personnel.
- Review and / or generate documentation required during the engineering change process for existing products.
- Participate in validation activities.
- Participate in PFMEA activities.
- Participate in LEAN activities.
- Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or instructed.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline- mechanical, industrial or chemical
- 3 – 4 years of experience in a manufacturing environment or medical device manufacturing.
- Experience with ISO 13485 protocols.
- Proven ability to understand design tooling and install and operate equipment.
- High level of proficiency in using Solid Works design tools, Microsoft Project and all Microsoft Office products.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to Team Leads and design engineering personnel/management
- Previous machinist experience a plus.
- Prior experience with fiber optics a plus.