The DAVIS Companies has partnered with a leader in the Electronics Manufacturing Industry by securing a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team. This position is responsible for defining, developing, and implementing production processes, including workflow, routing, time standards, defining quality metrics and leading process improvement efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities of Manufacturing Engineer:
- Apply knowledge of electronic assembly processes. Provide guidance and training to engineers, technicians, interns and staff on these processes. Actively pursues state-of-the-art knowledge and applies it in these efforts.
- Establishing and improving production capacity, productivity, and quality. Establish appropriate process controls and metrics.
- Develop manufacturing documentation, such as process specifications, work instructions, test procedures, and inspection methodology for new PCB and small mechanical assembly processes. Ensure timely documentation maintenance and updates to support new revisions and changes.
- Develop and Implement Production process development and continual improvement projects. Tasks include appropriate investigations, cost analysis and justifications, equipment selection and installation, purchasing, process validation, installation, and documentation. Develops suitable designs of experiments, budgets and schedules to support these projects. Provides suitable reports and presentations.
- Develop and provide training to production personnel during new technology transfer.
- Support production and customers by resolving issues and problems. Drive continuous improvement, perform root cause analysis and ensure issue resolution is effective.
- Communicate and coordinate within the Engineering department and with Account Managers, Quality personnel, Materials, and Production to ensure quality of product and services.
- Leads engineering efforts to resolve issues and provide cross-functional solutions to meet customer needs.
- Communicates and resolves issues with customers, officials and contractors. Acts as company engineering representative at associated meetings.
- Perform mechanical design and floor layout in CAD. Leads efforts to implement these designs and facility updates
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Skills, and Experience):
- 4-year Bachelor of Science in Engineering or closely related field such as physics.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Broad understanding of electronics manufacturing and processes.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing concepts and implementation.
- Ability to interpret a written or oral instructions and documents furnished in diagrams, CAD files, drawings, and/or other forms.
- Ability to multi-task and set tasks to maintain a schedule.
- High Aptitude, level of attention to detail, energy, and good analytical skills.
- 5+ years of related experience in related manufacturing environment.
- Develops and leads complex projects, manages project schedules and leads engineering and cross-functional teams.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and CAD required. Experience with MRP/ERP systems, especially Epicor software, preferred. AEGIS software experience preferred.