DAVIS Companies has partnered with a leading Manufacturing company to identify a Manufacturing Engineer!
Develops work instructions and standardized work for manufacturing processes. Champions sound engineering disciplines throughout process development and component life cycles to included, but not limited to: FMEA, DFMEA, PFMEA, DOE, Process Validation, Process Characterization, SPC, MTF studies, etc.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Project owner for new product introduction transfers to Manufacturing and ongoing change requests.
- Technical support resource for ongoing/day-to-day manufacturing operations and continuous improvement programs.
- Supports new product estimators throughout the quoting process to establish labor, equipment, tooling, and outside services cost estimates.
- Participates in New Product Introduction and Engineering Change Notice reviews identify risks, resources, equipment, processes, capacity, measurements, and cost associated product manufacturing.
- Project coordinator from acceptance of quote through to final production. Records for evidence that realization process and resulting product meet requirements.
- Responsible to enter/create all methods of manufacturing, and controlling revision levels, of parts. Review and interpret associated specification into the MRP/ERP system.
- Creates job routers, Bills of Material, and develops approved rework procedures and work instructions.
- Coordinate CNC programming, cutting tool selection, tool list generation, fixture design, and inspection plans with internal teams.
- Coordinate with Procurement and Quality on source selection/changes, and performs cost analysis for tooling, machinery, and equipment resulting in new or improved manufacturing methods.
- Assists in the analysis and planning of work force utilization, space requirement, workflow, and layout design of equipment and workspace.
- Coordinate pre-production and testing with production teams resolving any non-conformances, quality, and productivity issues.
- Develop, Configure and optimize Special Processes from inception through to start up and certification of NADCAP quality management system. (i.e. Welding, CMM, Plating, Heat treatment)
- Provide on-going disposition of non-conforming material and parts including performing root cause analysis, failure analysis, and control plans. Collaborate with QEs to drive corrective action to closure including RMA’s and DMR’s.
- Provide customer interface and expertise to proactively assure requirements are understood and satisfied. Work collaboratively with customers to identify quality gaps, corrective action resolution, and continued improvement with performance is achieved to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Utilize programs, such as lean/six sigma, continuous improvement, Statistical Process Control (SPC), and Failure Mode
- Effect Analysis (FMEA) to identify best practices and drive productivity and quality improvements throughout the organization including process flow, eliminate waste, and reduce costs.
- Identifies and coordinates opportunities for reducing manufacturing set-up time, cycle time, labor hours, and WIP.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or equivalent Technical degree with 5 plus years of relevant experience within a machined component manufacturing organization. A relevant technical, or vocational, degree / diploma with at least 3 years of experience, in a process or manufacturing engineering role within a machined component manufacturing organization will also be considered.
- Ability to develop and design machining processes, procedures, and control techniques from customer design inception to final production.
- Strong knowledge of CNC machining/programming (milling, turning, and EDM), fabrication, welding and assembly operations.
- Knowledge of cutting tools, fixture design, and coolant requirements.
- Strong knowledge, application and operation of metrology gauges, instruments, and equipment including the selection according to the feature of characteristics to be measured, applicable tolerance/accuracy, and the resolution/capability of the test instrument.
- Expertise with statistical process control methods, monitoring and control, data and defect analysis, variance reduction, and capability analysis.
- Understanding of Process FMEAs and control plans.
- Comprehensive knowledge of quality at the source techniques, root cause analysis, corrective action, continuous improvement, lean and six sigma.
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading projects resulting in measurable improvements (continual in-process and preventative).
- Experience with capacity planning, equipment selection, and application of automated work cells (robotics / mechatronics for part handling and specialty processing).
- Ability to identify and evaluate complex, ambiguous business problems or technical issues and provide well thought out solutions.
- Knowledge of industrial math including arithmetic and geometry, trigonometry, and statistics.
- Knowledge and working experience with MS Office, (Word, Excel, Power-Point, Project), CAD/CAM. Knowledge of computer integrated manufacturing software including accessing and retrieving information using the computer.t
Regulations (ITAR). All employees must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.