The DAVIS Companies is supporting a leader in high-precision 3D sensors by securing a Manufacturing Engineer for their team.
Key Responsibilities of Manufacturing Engineer:
- Analyze manufacturing process flows continually for the enhancements of quality, cost reduction, yield and throughput. Establish control plans for assigned products.
- The candidate should be able to identify manufacturing process improvement, determine root cause, and implement process change for the improvement. Be vocal and collaborate with engineering department to escalate production defects.
- Conferring with assemblers, development and vendors in determining product specifications and arranging equipment, fixtures, parts, and evaluating products according to quality standards and specifications.
- Define metrics and report results of manufacturing fixture yields and plans for improvement.
- The candidate has the responsibilities including process documentation, quality enforcement, and development of best practices in repeatable and sustaining manufacturing process.
- Develop and optimize work design, manufacturing layout and product flow: recommends and implements process layouts for efficient manufacturing.
Experience and Education for Manufacturing Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment or 2 years of experience with a Master’s Degree.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional groups and ownership for products and processes assigned.
- Experience with fixturing, knowledge of optical, electrical and mechanical assembly.
- Experience in statistical applications tools such as Minitab, Excel, or JMP.
- Experience with optomechanical / electromechanical assembly operations.
- Experienced in statistical applications tools such as Minitab, Excel, or Matlab.
- Certified Lean or Six Sigma Green Belt or higher.
- Ability to lead and support cross-functional teams and effectively communicate technical information across all channels.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects.
- Hands-on, team oriented individual possessing strong problem-solving and analytical skills.