Davis National Staffing is partnering with a well-established client in the energy industry on a direct placement role for a Manufacturing Engineer in the Portsmouth, NH area. If interested in this role, please apply with your Word formatted resume to be contacted. To expedite the process, you can email your Word resume to Rich Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.
Manufacturing Engineer - Direct Placement
1st Shift - Day
US Citizen Only
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Work as a member of a cross functional POD team who provides guidance, direction, written instruction and training as related to electrical and fiber optic cable and penetrator assemblies.
• Assists production flow by facilitating 5S, Value Stream Mapping (VSM) and process flow diagrams as required.
• Executes the procurement and installation of materials, tools, fixtures and equipment and all other duties as assigned.
• Works closely with production and engineering by communicating and facilitating recommendations and design changes as applicable.
• Designs fixtures and tooling, evaluates processes for increased throughput and troubleshoots issues on products and processes.
• Conducts Root Cause Analysis following an 8D or DMAIC process; leads team members in the implementation of corrective and preventative actions as required.
• Perform any special assignment in or outside the Department when requested.
• Drive process improvement initiatives resulting in increased efficiencies and productivity.
• Translate engineering design requirements into formal manufacturing process documentation.
• Develops work cell layouts and critical processes
• Generate assembly and inspection instructions for manufacturing processes.
• Develop processes and identify equipment needed to perform the work.
• Achieve cost improvement goals by utilizing Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing principles.
Education and Experience:
• BS in Mechanical Engineering or BS with a material science focus
• Minimum of 4 years hands on practical experience in a production and/or assembly environment working with electro or optical assemblies
• Must have knowledge and experience in Lean and/or Six Sigma.
• Must have advance computer skills and ability to draft and design in Solid works or AutoCAD software
• Working knowledge of assembly tools and processes, metalworking machinery and measuring devices.
• Demonstrated hands-on mechanical aptitude with the ability to work across disciplines
• Documented experience driving process improvements in a manufacturing environment.
• Manufacturing process and procedure development experience