Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Work as a member of a cross functional POD team who provides guidance, direction, written instruction and training as related to electrical and fiber optic cable and penetrator assemblies.
• Assists production flow by facilitating 5S, Value Stream Mapping (VSM) and process flow diagrams as required.
• Executes the procurement and installation of materials, tools, fixtures and equipment and all other duties as assigned.
• Works closely with production and engineering by communicating and facilitating recommendations and design changes as applicable.
• Designs fixtures and tooling, evaluates processes for increased throughput and troubleshoots issues on products and processes.
• Conducts Root Cause Analysis following an 8D or DMAIC process; leads team members in the implementation of corrective and preventative actions as required.
• Perform any special assignment in or outside the Department when requested.
• Drive process improvement initiatives resulting in increased efficiencies and productivity.
• Translate engineering design requirements into formal manufacturing process documentation.
• Develops work cell layouts and critical processes
• Generate assembly and inspection instructions for manufacturing processes.
• Develop processes and identify equipment needed to perform the work.
• Achieve cost improvement goals by utilizing Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing principles.
Education and Experience:
• BS in Mechanical Engineering or BS with a material science focus
• Minimum of 4 years hands on practical experience in a production and/or assembly environment working with electro or optical assemblies
• Must have knowledge and experience in Lean and/or Six Sigma.
• Must have advance computer skills and ability to draft and design in Solid works or AutoCAD software
• Working knowledge of assembly tools and processes, metalworking machinery and measuring devices.
• Demonstrated hands-on mechanical aptitude with the ability to work across disciplines
• Documented experience driving process improvements in a manufacturing environment.
• Manufacturing process and procedure development experience
• Factory environment
• ERP and Time clock system Overview
• Hazardous Communications
• Quality Systems