Manufacturing Supervisor/Machining - Wilmington, MA
Job Title: MANUFACTURING SUPERVISOR
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for a wide variety of duties associated with overseeing, coordinating, and controlling the manufacturing of precision, extremely close tolerance parts, tools and assemblies, including analyzing jobs, assigning jobs, assigning work to employees, designing fixtures and tooling, resolving problems, monitoring work activities and performing related duties, under the direction of the General Manger, within the limits of established policies.
- Responsible for overseeing, coordinating, and controlling the activities of the department using related equipment.
- Monitor the manufacture of precision, extremely close tolerance products composed of varied materials.
- Oversee use of precision measuring instruments to inspect machined work.
- Assign work to employees in keeping with schedules and by difficulty involved, and instruct, direct, and check their work on a continuing basis.
- Evaluate work quality and quantity and resolve problems in quality and workmanship.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing problems and take corrective action.
- Design fixtures and tooling for incoming jobs and follow use into manufacturing processes.
- Discuss jobs with other supervisory, support personnel.
- Monitor department work activities.
- Receive and breakdown schedules, analyze jobs to determine machining, tools, fixtures required, obtain tooling as needed.
- Interface with engineering, production control, quality control, and other departments to obtain routing, clear quality problems, secure services and information.
- Schedule in urgent jobs and comply with revisions.
- Maintain discipline and employee morale.
- Assist employees in planning, setting up and inspecting work.
- Take immediate action to correct any unsafe practices observed and promote safe work practices.
- Report unusual difficulties to supervisor.
- Attend weekly and monthly production meetings.
- Interview applicants for employment.
- Quote jobs as required.
- Design tooling as required.
- Maintain related records, files in up-to-date condition.
- Maintain office area and equipment in clean, safe, and orderly condition.
- Follow established company/department rules and regulations and maintain quality standard.
- Perform other related duties as directed or as responsibilities dictate.
Education and Experience:
- Technical Degree in Engineering or related field is preferred
- 10 years of manufacturing supervisory experience