Materials Manager, Milford NH
Responsible for all aspects of materials planning, purchasing, material cost, scheduling, and accuracy to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled on time. This position is also responsible for developing, selecting, and maintaining vendor and supplier relationships as well as the formulation and execution on strategic purchasing and planning initiatives to support the company’s forward direction. Will develop and make recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations. Will also provide management to a team of individuals engaged in the planning and purchasing functions.
- Oversee the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) function to guarantee maximum utilization of manufacturing assets and meeting all customer sales and service expectations.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all areas of materials management, including forecasting, production planning, sourcing, buying. Responsible for proper use of existing ERP planning module.
- Directly manage and supervise the Purchasing & Planning functions and personnel. Provide development and performance feedback and coaching.
- Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, purchasing, planning, and material control.
- Work with Customer Account Managers to understand forecasting, system demand loading, and corrections associated with anticipated changes in customer demand and to insure the business system is up to date and current with latest expected demand profiles.
- Work with manufacturing to ensure available capacity is effectively deployed to meet the demand forecast while maximizing production efficiencies and delivering on time delivery targets and inventory levels
- Coordinate cross functional resolution of day to day issues related to supply and demand discrepancies, ensures effective "lesson learned" documentation
- Identify and communicate inventory and service risks related to forecast changes or unplanned production downtime
- Collaborate with Sales and R&D in planning for new items. Ensure the Quality Function Deployment (QFD) process is followed for all new programs.
- Interact as necessary with Senior Team and Business Development Managers, report as required on critical management of top level procurement and planning related KPI’s.
- Work with Quality to establish and implement, a system to evaluate, monitor and report supplier scorecard performance.
- Adhere to established company policies, procedures, terms and conditions and legal matters that affect purchasing policies. Identify, develop and manage effective relationships with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets.
Top 3-5 Skills:
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- High level of organizational ability
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Competent in MS Office suite.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate inside and across functions as well as outside of the company
Range of Experience (# years):
- 5+ years of direct materials management experience in a manufacturing environment
- 2+ years of direct supervision
- Strong ERP software experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or related field. Will consider unrelated degrees based on relevant experience.
- Current APICS-CSPC or CPIM Certification.