Our client located in Hingham, MA is looking for a Mechanical Designer to join their team on a direct hire basis.
The Mechanical Designer should be an experienced CAD designer or engineer with a strong SolidWorks background plus experience with AutoCAD for the design and fabrication of custom high vacuum process equipment for the thin film deposition and aerospace industries.
- Working with engineers and project leaders to conceptualize and detail parts and major assemblies of mechanisms, pumping systems, vacuum chambers and thermal control systems.
- The Mechanical Designer will interface with manufacturing during the fabrication and startup of the projects.
- High vacuum experience is a plus.
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Design parts and assemblies using SolidWorks
- Prepare assembly and detailed drawings with linked BOMs
- Design and detail parts and mechanical assemblies using AutoCAD
- Perform calculations to validate design
- Prepare design review documentation (Power Point Presentations, Word Documents) and assist in design reviews
- Contact vendors to select parts and components
- Work on shop floor to resolve design conflicts
Secondary Responsibilities (Non-Essential Functions)
- Assist sales by developing conceptual designs
- Prepare input to proposals
- Help develop company SolidWorks infrastructure and Bill of Materials procedures
Level of Skill, Education and Experience
- Associates Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology, Bachelor’s Degree a plus
- 7+ years experience
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills and very strong proficiency in SolidWorks & AutoCAD