We have an opportunity in Gainesville, GA, for a Mechanical Drafter. The Mechanical Drafter is a support position for product development and engineering projects. The Mechanical Drafter will be responsible for creating updates to current files in Inventor and recreating designs for parts remanufacturing.
The Responsibilities of the Mechanical Drafter
- Prepare accurate working plans and detailed drawings from rough sketches and notes in order to develop products under direction of the engineering department
- Prepare final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimensions, materials, and relationship of parts to whole structure
- Utilize knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, materials, and other physical sciences to compose drawings
- Pull parts from the warehouse and create a 3D model for manufacturing
- Complete finished designs
The Requirements of the Mechanical Drafter
- 2+ years of Drafting experience
- Proficiency with Inventor and Autodesk Vault
- Experience in machined components and fabrication drafting
- Experience detailing shop drawings
- Experience using Calipers and Micrometers.