This position is responsible for executing tasks in support of process development, validation, and legacy support of manufacturing in a clean room environment. The successful candidate will make detailed observations, analyze data, interpret results, and develop strategies for implementing solutions.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively communicate with multiple departments on a daily basis to support manufacturing activities.
- Provide in-depth analysis and execute a path forward for continuous improvements.
- Research, plan, design, verify, validate and develop mechanical and/or electromechanical systems such as fixtures, controls, and equipment for production.
- Work closely with Quality department to validate equipment and processes.
- Document experiments and results in engineering reports and test plans.
- Use technical skills to provide hands on support of production equipment for troubleshooting, training and recommendations for preventative maintenance.
- Create and release engineering drawings.
- Present technical findings or project status to cross functional teams through meeting minutes, design reviews, presentations and other means of communication.
- Collaborate with R&D Engineering to design, develop, analyze, troubleshoot processes and provide technical support during new product development, quality improvement, and sustaining operations.
- Develop best practices, routines, and process documentation and operating instructions.
- Manage and/or participate on cross functional teams to accomplish project specific goals.
- Preparation of Capital Appropriation Requests (CAR’s).
- Create, release and manage Bill of Materials (BOM’s) and routers in ERP system.
- Special projects as needed to support operations and our customers including those which require additional work hours, travel, and training.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of new developments and technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Demonstrated proficiency with SolidWorks/CAD.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and technical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with tool and fixture design.
- Creative thinker with well-developed interpersonal skills and effective communicator.
- High level of self-initiative and dependability.
- High energy level and drive to finish projects or issues.
- Able to think with a pioneering spirit and apply concepts in an unconventional manner.
Flexible schedule to accommodate fluctuations in customer deadlines.
- 2 + years of “hands-on” experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of quality practices, tools, and specifications.
- Experience in leading investigation, root cause and risk analysis.
- Knowledge in BOM management working with JD Edwards or similar enterprise resource planning software.
- Familiar with ergonomic practices.
- Experience generating specifications, purchasing and qualification of equipment
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems and respective ISO standards.