We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our client in Dartmouth, Ma on a direct hire basis.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing departments in injection mold designs and new product development.
- Interact with the Maintenance and Engineering groups to help troubleshoot injection systems, develop preventive maintenance programs, and develop spare parts identification and systems.
- Develop, design, and setup injection molding processes to increase yields or reduce costs
- Constantly maintain safety precautions and procedures and maintain a safe and orderly work area.
- Support efforts of the company such as continuous improvement teams, training, and production floor support.
- Perform capacity analysis and cycle time studies.
- Manages complex projects to design, prototype, build and commercialize manufacturing process equipment. Initiates, plans, executes, monitors, controls, and brings these projects to closure.
- Applies engineering principles and interprets experimentation results to determine appropriate course of action. Organizes and executes technology sensing, research and development applicable to process automation, equipment, and manufacturing processes.
- Provides technical guidance and support to other functional groups for optimizing the current manufacturing processes
- Provides engineering leadership and guidance to engineering associates on projects.
- Ability to deconstruct complex problems, organize/detail the various functions, and translate those functions into clear and unambiguous technical specifications.
- Generates process documentation such as equipment specifications, operations procedures, technical drawings, process flow diagrams (PFDs).
- Utilizes structured design and development processes (i.e. Design for Six Sigma, Design for Manufacturing/Assembly) for development of robust products and manufacturing processes. Applies Continuous Improvement (CI) and Six Sigma principles and techniques to achieve predictable product flow meeting Operation’s safety, quality, delivery and cost objectives.
- Interfaces with Operations, Quality, Procurement and Legal groups in the development of manufacturing, molding and packaging equipment.
- Must be self-motivated hands-on individual with a strong sense of urgency and passion for the excellence.
- Experience with standard industry materials, stainless steels, nitinol, titanium and PEEK.
- Proficiency designing tooling, fixturing and manufacturing systems utilizing Solid Works software.
- Development of robust manufacturing processes for new product as well as continuous improvement of existing product.
- Product/Process Validation and maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to run multiple projects and exhibit strong accountability to achieve scheduled milestones and deliverables.
- Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing Processes.
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude.
- Familiarity with ISO quality systems
- Positive attitude, team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Limited supervision (must be highly autonomous; shown much independence)
- Human Resources
Level of Skill, Eduation and Experience
- BS degree in Engineering with at least three (3) years demonstrated successful performance/experience in an applicable Engineering position.
- Must have hands on experience in mold tooling and troubleshooting.
- Ideal candidate would have background in Medical Device manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge of Injection Molding is required. Experience in mechanical design and manufacturing, NPD, Process automation, product and package development also required.