Mechanical Packaging Engineer
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Mechanical Packaging Engineer
Title:Mechanical Packaging Engineer
Searching for a Mechanical Packaging Engineer for a company in the Devens that specializes in manufacturing electrical energy storage units.
Title: Mechanical Packaging Engineer
Reports to: Systems Engineering Product Manager
Department: Engineering Support
Hours: 8-5pm M-F
Summary - Job Responsibilities – Activities:
- Work as a primary member of the product support team to develop solutions to solve product issues and applications.
- Generate design and documentation packages and work with purchasing, manufacturing and vendors on make/buy decisions. Support would also be provided to the in-house and external vendors to understand and resolve manufacturing and quality issues as they arise.
- Utilize solid modeling design tools to perform and document detailed designs.
- Perform cost analysis of resulting designs and propose alternative technologies or techniques to reduce cost.
- Perform tolerance analysis on mechanical designs to assure proper form, fit, and function.
- Generate and execute test plans to validate design requirements and document limitations.
- Generate assembly drawings and process documentation for manufacturing with the assistance of designers..
- Generate inspection plans to assure the quality and consistency of manufactured and vended assemblies and components.
- Work with manufacturing and outside vendors to improve mechanical designs and eliminate defects.
- Propose methods and technology to improve cycle-time (manufacturing) of electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Generating Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) to document and implement changes new and existing products.
- Key design areas include: thermal design, e and electrical system interconnections, enclosure layout and architecture, safety, maintenance and field service issues, dynamic shock and vibration with respect to equipment weight, mounting and location, general chassis and cabinet layout, and test and production fixtures.
Education - Experience:
BSME in Engineering or related field
At least 3 years of experience in electronic packaging or a combination of schooling and experience.
Required Skills, Competencies, Authorities and Training Needs:
- Knowledge of 2-D & 3-D CAD systems required. Excellent working knowledge of Solidworks is preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO standards for technical drawings
- Knowledge of design and manufacturing processes for sheet metal, bus bars and plastic parts.
- Knowledgeexperience in power electronics packaging is preferred.
- Knowledge of insulation, fabrication materials and coatings used in the electronics industry.
- Knowledge of NEMA classifications for cabinetry.
- Knowledge of ventilation & cooling practices used in electronic cabinetry.
- Ability to communicate ideas and concepts orally and in writing.
- Sand & Deburr in Norcross GA
- Test Tech II in Westborough MA
- Assembly Process Manager in Beverly MA
- QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN in Beverly MA
- RF Design Engineer in Beverly MA
- Client Services Assistant in Oklahoma City OK
- Material Handler in Franklin MA
- Compressor Operation – General Assembly Line. in Flowery Branch GA
- Clinical Data Manager in Boston MA
- RMA Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Maintenance Assistant in Los Alamitos CA
- Wiring Technician in Norcross GA
- Shipping-Recieving Clerk in Alpharetta GA
- Lead Electrical Control Panel Technician - Final Testing in Plymouth MN
- Warehouse Associate in Alpharetta GA
- CNC Machinist in Kennesaw GA
- Quality Engineer I in Cordova TN
- Picking - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Marketing Respresentative in Acton MA
- Quality Engineer in Sturbridge MA
- Process Design Engineer in North Canton OH
- Forklift Driver in Memphis TN
- Stockroom Attendant 1st Shift in Gainesville GA
- 1st Shift General Laborer in Gloucester City NJ
- Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd shift in Lincoln RI
- Account Payable Clerk in Vineland NJ
- Machine Operator in Millbury MA
- Quality Inspector-Auditor 2nd shift in Sturbridge MA
- Documentation Specialist in Sturbridge MA
- Quality Assurance Tester in Suwanee GA
- Principal Software Engineer in MA
- Second Shift Thin Film Tech in Millbury MA
- Shipping Associate in Duluth GA
- Shipper II in Waltham MA
- Wiring Technician in Duluth GA
- Videographer in Marlborough MA
- Shipping Clerk in Suwanee GA
- Warehouse - Receiver in Suwanee GA
- 3rd Shift Maintenance Mechanic in Manchester NH
- 3rd Shift Extrusion Operator in Manchester NH
- Technical Support - Level II in Moorestown NJ
- Technical Support - Level I in Moorestown NJ
- Expeditor in MA
- Wiring Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Executive Administrative Assistant in Gloucester City NJ
- Hone Operator in Los Alamitos CA
- Retainer Inspector in Los Alamitos CA
- Welder in Branford CT
- CNC Machinist-Shift Lead in Flowery Branch GA
- CNC Machinist-Programmer in Kennesaw GA
- Payroll Benefits Specialist in Memphis TN
- Account Executive GA in Suwanee GA
- Visual Inspector in Norwood MA
- Manufacturing Technician in Littleton MA
- Material Handler (Production) 6-12-19 in Westborough MA
- Contract Talent Acquisition Specialist in Milford MA
- R&D Assistant in Lynn MA
- Manufacturing Engineer II in Sunrise FL
- Plant Electrician in Milford MA
- 2nd Shift Maintenance Technician in Duluth GA
- Receiving-Packaging in Memphis TN
- Buyer in Lynn MA
- Electrical Engineering Manager in Jacksonville FL
- Mechanical Engineering Manger in Jacksonville FL
- Lab and Tire Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- Sr. Electrical Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Soldering in Suwanee GA
- CNC Machine operator- 2nd shift in Central Manchester CT
- Product Specialist in Bridgeport NJ
- Sr. Business Systems Analyst in Memphis TN
- Business Systems Analyst in Memphis TN
- QC Inspector in Marlborough MA
- Quality Assurance Specialist in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Asst, Lab I in Mobile AL
- Facilities Maintenance Tech in Flowery Branch GA
- 2nd Shift Mazak Machinist in Gainesville GA
- Procurement Specialist in Alpharetta GA
- Assemblers in Jefferson GA
- Technical Support Representative in Marlboro MA
- Mechanical Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Warehouse Specialist in Memphis TN
- Field Service Technician in Memphis TN
- Material Planner in Memphis TN
- Quality Inspector in Brooklyn Park MN
- Assembly Technician in Suwanee GA
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Industrial Engineering Manager in Gainesville GA
- Principal Software Engineer in MA
- Embedded Software Engineer in Watertown MA
- Mechanical Engineer in CA
- EM Assembler II in Westborough MA
- Equipment Operator in Jefferson GA
- Patient Positioning Tech in Oklahoma City OK
- Assembly Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Solderer Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Sr Traffic Specialist in Natick MA
- Field Service Specialist in phoenix AZ
- HR Shared Services Representative in New Castle DE
- Manufacturing Engineer in Manchester NH
- Shift Supervisor in Gloucester City NJ