MFG Test Engineer
MFG Test Engineer
The Manufacturing Test Engineer is responsible for the daily system test, troubleshooting and analysis of products to ensure conformance to specification and customer use cases.
The position requires a strong understanding of networking protocols and configuration including Wi-Fi. Ability to develop test automation in LabVIEW or Python scripts utilizing various electronic measurement equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, and Signal Generators. Solid communication skills, flexibility, and working in a fast-paced challenging environment are essential.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Meet daily production goals through test, troubleshooting and repair
- Execute system level test plans
- Develop test automation scripts
- Ensure system performance meets specification and customer expectations
- Evaluate, debug and drive corrective actions
- Implement improvements and solutions to improve testability and test yields.
- Develop test procedures and provide technical training for employees
- Follow quality procedures and maintain proper shop flow controls
- Perform light assembly tasks using standard tools
- Work as member of small flexible manufacturing team
- BS degree in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years industry experience as well as familiarity with high tech manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge of Wi-Fi and LAN protocols (TCP/IP)
- Experience with RF test equipment including network analyzers, signal generators,
- spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, high frequency probes, DVMs, and hand tools.
- Experience working with RF systems and microwave components
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read schematics, assembly drawings, and follow detailed test procedures.
- Must be familiar with Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Must have experience with functional and system test methodologies
- Software development in LabVIEW and Python or equivalent
- Good verbal and written communication skills using Microsoft Office tools.
- The desire and ability to take ownership, responsibility and be self-motivated to perform duties