NDT Level II Inspector
The Level 2 Nondestructive Test Inspector is primarily responsible for the processing and inspection of aerospace components through Fluorescent Penetrant, Magnetic Particle and Nital Etch processes. This position utilizes the inspector’s skill and knowledge to discover deviations in aerospace parts.
- Perform FPI, MPI and Nital Etch inspections in accordance with internal and customer specifications.
- Review all questionable indications with responsible Level III inspector.
- Work with responsible Level III to establish FPI, MPI technique sheets for operations.
- Perform all NDT daily, weekly and monthly tasks in accordance to established procedures.
- Review and determine acceptance of all products for meeting NDT requirements.
- Review and acceptance of Travelers to assure all sign-offs are complete and revision levels are to Operation Book Requirements.
- Review all processing certifications to meet customer specifications.
- Present inspected parts to various customer representatives and the resolution to any customer questions or concerns.
- Initiate discrepancy reports, internal and external for products not meeting drawing and specification requirements.
- Conduct internal auditing of special process areas to assure conformance to requirements.
- Assist in external audits and the resolution of customer concerns as needed and applicable.
- Maintain a Clean and Safe Working Environment. Assess current working conditions and recommend improved methods to assure safe working environment.
- Perform job tasks as they are assigned with little to no supervision.
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time.
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
- Frequent twisting, stooping and bending.
- Must be able to meet visual acuity requirements (color and near vision - corrected or uncorrected).
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety glasses/shields, appropriate manufacturing closed toed footwear, hearing protection, respirators, gloves and protective clothing may be required along with other protective equipment as needed.
- US Citizenship or green card holder
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Associates degree or above in Science or Engineering preferred)
- Level II Certification required
- 4+ years of Aerospace NDT Inspection Experience in FPI and MPI.
- Nital Etch Experience
- Ability to use visual gauges, i.e. pressure gauges, and light meters, etc.
- X-ray and ultrasonic analysis skills.
- Ability to read technical drawings and specs.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong problem solving skills.