Davis Engineering is partnering with a leading provider of commercial and defense products in the Woburn area to hire an experienced and motivated Plant Manager with a strong background in process improvement on a direct hire basis. If interested in this position, please apply to this posting with your Word formatted resume including contact information to be reached. To expedite the process, you can send your resume directly to Rich Gardner at email@example.com to be considered.
- Establish and achieve weekly / monthly goals as measured by the following kpi.
- On Time Delivery
- Cost / Productivity
- Quality / Scrap / Rework
- Manage direct workforce through a team of supervisors.
- Coordinate people, equipment, machinery and resources to achieve daily build plan.
- Responsible for the hiring, cross training, development, performance management and retention of manufacturing staff.
- Drive capa associated with product quality through the manufacturing floor to insure that any findings or non-conformances are addressed quickly.
- Work with or lead continuous improvement teams to identify opportunities and drive results.
- Partner with quality to insure quality requirements at the shop floor level are understood, adhered to and fully implemented.
- Work closely with service team to address and eliminate any emerging failure modes related to product quality.
- Participate in the development of customer prototypes to insure successful manufacturing introductions.
- Identify with Manufacturing Engineering best Manufacturing practices and implement.
- Participate in long term planning for the Woburn factory as part of the overall strategy for the business.
- Summarize and present production related data to management team on a monthly basis.
- Foster a culture of lean. Identify and remove elements of waste from the manufacturing value chain.
- Be an advocate for safety. Insist on safe practices throughout the factory and serve in a lead role on our safety team.
- Represent Manufacturing during customer visits and present when required.
- Ready to support customers in different time zones.
- Willing to travel up to 10% domestic when required .
Education / Background
- Bachelor degree in Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Business Management or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience with machining, welding, brazing, assembly based manufacturing, lean, six sigma and 6S gained while in a similar role for five years minimum.
- Experience supporting multiple customers across multiple industries.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and AS9100.
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Minitab and ERP.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required.