MFG Engineer Plastics
We are working with a large manufacturing facility in Newnan, GA who is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their plastics group. This is a direct hire opportunity with a salary and benefits.
- Manufacturing engineering position within the Manufacturing Engineer Group supporting Plastics, including SMC press engineering, water jet, bonding and foaming engineering duties.
- Responsible for all aspects of engineering analysis and design.
- Provides leadership in the design and development of Engineering projects with minimal direct supervision.
- Provides leadership in the shop floor support and Kaizen activities within the respective department and directs the activities of project teams and small group activities.
- Performs process analysis and design and applies formal design of experiment techniques.
- Provides direction to other engineers as well as maintenance and Unit Technicians.
- Manages major capital projects and provides capital forecasts.
- Serve as active member of Manufacturing Engineering Team.
- Provides leadership to the Kaizen and process improvement activities with the production and maintenance personnel.
- Trains others in formal engineering problem solving techniques.
- Communicates to all appropriate levels/organizations within company.
- 4-year technical degree (i.e., mechanical, manufacturing or related) required and 3-5 years of experience in engineering role in a manufacturing environment or high school diploma or equivalent and 8-10 years of experience in an engineering role. Other Required Skills:
- Previous experience in plastics, SMC press, Fanuc programming, high volume production.